Chapter 25

Brent

2 weeks later

Walking around my house trying to clean up, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I immediately got angered. This nigga Nick thinks this shit is over, but I'm letting him get comfortable. I'd been watching him and my woman Iman closely. He doesn't deserve to be a father to Summer. She lights up when she sees me, she doesn't need that nigga in her life.

I got a few tricks up my sleeve and a few old enemies that I'm going to bring out to play and end this nigga once and for all.

*ding dong*

"Who is it?" I limped to the door to look through the peephole.

"You forgot what time you told me to be here?" my visitor said.

"My bad, wassup. You ready to end this nigga?" I said opening the door.

"Well duh, why not?" She said smiling widely.

"I bet she doesn't know he has a real-life baby out here outside of Summer." I said with an evil grin.

"Yeah his ass don't know either... surprise motherfuckers." She said.

"So what's the plan love?" I asked impatiently

"I say we set something up so that we all have to be at the same place at the same time. Summer's birthday is coming up. I got an invite the other day." She said.

"Na, one thing I'm not going to do is embarrass Iman nor ruin her baby's birthday. I wouldn't get her back that way. Let's hold off for a few months and plan it out well." I said opening my door to let her back out of the house.

Nick

Although I could propose again with the same ring Iman threw at my head, I decided against it. I'll save that ring to give to Summer as a gift when she becomes an adult.

I pulled into Jared's and got out not knowing what I wanted to get. I walked in and the cashier asked if I needed assistance and I told her not yet.

I walked the ring cage two- or three-times scanning rings and nothing caught my eye. As I was walking out, a jeweler came from the back with a case of rings and began to put them out.

"Can I see those? I need an engagement ring, but nothing caught my eye yet." I asked.

"Sure, here, come take a look." The gray-haired man said.

"That one, that's it. Size 8.5 please. How soon can I get this size?" I said smiling.

"We can have it back to you in a week exactly. Let's ring it up. It'll be $9,878.54. Cash or card?" He said with a smile.

I made my way to the car feeling refreshed.

Now I just have to figure out how to propose. I want something intimate. Something with just us two and Summer. I also don't want it to be obvious. I'll do it on a regular day I guess.

Iman

Leaving out of the school after a long day and evening I was ready to get home to my baby. It was Parent-Teacher Night and I was the school's event coordinator, so I had to stay until everything was cleaned up and back to normal.

Walking to my car I noticed that even the school's resource officer was gone.

I loaded my car up and as I was closing my trunk I felt a presence behind me, I turned around and saw a shadow disappear behind a column in front of the school and almost pissed on myself.

I was rushing to find my keys when the shadow appeared from around the column.

"Why you fidgeting? I'd never hurt you. I had to result to desperate measures to even see your fine ass since you blocked me. Come here. I just wanna touch you." It was Brent.

"If you don't back the fuck up I'm gone slice your face open. I blocked you for good reason. You freaked out and I can't have craziness around my house nor child. If you think this is how you get me, you have really lost it." I said quickly getting in my car.

I drove off fast as hell and didn't look back.

I called Nick's number and told him to pack Summer a week's worth of clothes and take him to my Mom's house. Shit was going to get real ugly, real quick and I didn't want my child in the midst of it.

My life is finally starting to get right and it will stay this way, even if I have to hurt a few people in the process.

Nick

When Iman called me my first thought was go end this nigga's life, but I have the law on my side. With my street smarts and book smarts, this nigga is going to be ended real fucking quick. I suggested that she took a few weeks off of work since she didn't take her entire maternal leave time and move into my place, but of course she refused.

She was so headstrong and fearless, she wanted to attack this monster head on.

When I got back to Iman's, the front door was unlocked. I walked in and she was sitting on the sofa with brass knuckles on and her Glock tucked.

"Man what the hell? Why would you have the door unlocked if a nigga stalking you? And why you sitting here with brass knuckles on? Just shoot the nigga if he come in your shit." I laughed.

"I'm tired of everyone treating me how they please. It feels like falling in love with you was a set-up. I was fine. I was a single, hard-working, successful woman before you. Brent coming around only made shit worse. I'm taking my life back Nick. Either you're going to march to my beat or take your ass on." She said without even looking at me.

"But why is the door unlocked baby? You giving that nigga easy access." I said.

"I'd rather he walk through the door than bust one of my windows. If he's going to be crazy, we'll be crazy together. My brother Aaron helped me picked out a gun and told me get brass knuckles just in case I get caught slipping. I'm going to call him tonight to settle this shit."

The way she said that shit made me feel like I was in a movie. But she sat there looking so good. Hair pulled into a low bun, black leggings and a tank top that showed her cleavage and a pair of black VaporMax.

"So when are you putting this in motion? You know I got you right?" I said.

"I was just waiting on you to get here. Get whatever you need and leave." She said and I looked with confusion.

"Leave? You think I'm letting you do this alone?" he asked.

"You don't have a choice, I know he's watching. He's not going to be vulnerable if you're here. He'll come guarded. I'll send you a text when he gets here and one if things get heated. It'll simply be a letter. Call the police and then head back here. He's leaving my house in handcuffs or a body bag. He can pick his poison. I have all the cameras on and the audio. I'm getting my mental freedom back. Hurry up and go." I tried so hard not to pin her down and rip her clothes off, everything about her was so sexy, so dominant.

"Say no more. Be careful. I love you." And with that, I left.

Part of me wanted to swing back around the block, but I had a good feeling about this.