Chapter 15

Nick

I went to the front to meet Mark with the ring, as soon as everyone went out of the back of the house. Iman meant more to me then life itself, so I went all out with her ring. I'd gotten her an emerald cut, 3 karat, double band ring in white gold.

When Mark handed over the ring, he hesitated... "You should tell her the truth before you propose bro. If she finds out after, that's going to tear her apart."

"I got this man. If I tell her I might lose her forever. I have to lock it in while I have the chance." I said with an attitude.

I walked to the back of the house and went through the gate instead of walking out of the back door so she wouldn't notice me. I walked up right behind her and got down on one knee and everyone started screaming "TURN AROUND IMAN, TURN AROUND!".

She swiveled almost as if I scared her and turned her head sideways when she looked down at me on one knee.

"Iman, I don't know how long we get to live this thing life and I have no clue what's next, but I do know I refuse to live without you. You support me, uplift me, correct me, cater to me, inspire me, and keep me on my toes. Your smile is my medicine, your intellectual capacity is sexy as hell, and your nurturing nature is rare. I'm in love with you woman and I want to spend forever with you. Will you marry me?" I asked with a racing heart.

"YES YES YES!" Iman screamed. "And you have no clue what's next, but I do." She reached into her pocket and began to unfold a paper as she screamed "We're having a baby!".

Everyone began to run up to her and shower her with hugs and kisses when I looked up and saw a familiar face... Joanna.

I don't know what to do, I don't know how to react. I just hope this bitch doesn't blow my cover. 

My heart is racing, my stomach is growling, and my smile instantly faded. 

I hope this isn't about to end before it begins.