02

"I've been stung
All this chemistry has got me falling
I'll be alright
I'm definitely high"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

The sound of my annoying default ringtone blaring into my ear woke me up with a groan.

I opened my eyes getting ready to answer the call when the ringtone stopped making me smile and my eyes flutter close again.

I rolled back over snuggling deeper into my cold sheets.

I hummed in happiness when my phone began ringing once again.

I groaned quickly sitting up and reaching for my phone. I, unknowingly knowing the caller ID, answered the phone with a groggy, "Hello?".

"Wow, I've been texting you all morning. Get up I'm coming to yours now, we are going to Starbucks" the all too familiar voice of my best friend coming out of the phone.

"It's so early... why?" I spoke leaning back against my headboard as I rubbed my eyes.

"Emily... it's almost midday" she spoke as if it was obvious. My eyes almost bulged out of my head at how much I had slept in.

I guess staying up all night into the early morning and look for apartments in Los Angeles tends to do that to you.

"Fuck. Okay- um. I'll get ready now" I said jumping out of bed to begin rummaging through my draws for an outfit. I held the phone between my shoulder and my ear as I found a cute pair of denim ripped skinny jeans and a basic grey crop top.

"Okay, well you better be ready in 10 minutes because I'm on my way" She said.

"Yeah yeah. Byeeee" I spoke hanging up and throwing my phone back onto my unmade bed.

I ran into the bathroom taking off my pyjamas and replacing it with the outfit I'd just picked out.

I ran a brush through my hair before I applied some mascara and lip balm, not being bothered to apply makeup.

I walked back into my room and slipped on my old school vans, flopping back on bed.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath still not feeling completely awake, when my phone thankfully saved me from falling back to sleep with a ding.

I glanced over at my phone seeing it was a text from Carly;

Carly: your queen has arrived

I giggled quickly shooting her a reply;

Me: i will be with you shortly your highness

I grabbed my phone, wallet and throwing my denim jacket on before making my way downstairs.

"Excuse me miss, does your father know you're leaving?" A man dressed in a black suit, who was obviously one of my dads security guards, said.

"Just tell him I'm going to Starbucks with Carly" I said waving him off as he nodded.

I made my way outside and beyond the massive gates guarding myself to finally see Carly waiting out the front in her black Ford Fiesta.

I swung the passenger door open and hopped in buckling myself in instantly.

"I hope I didn't keep my majesty waiting for too long" I spoke following up with a giggle.

"Oh no darling you were right on time" she spoke in a mockingly posh accent.

She put her foot on the ignition as we made our way down to Starbucks.