37

"Under the water you scream so loud
but the silence surrounds you
But I hear it loud and you fall in the deep
and I'll always find you"

-

*** WARNING —
THERE ARE MENTIONS OF ASSAULT IN THIS CHAPTER SO PLEASE IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY THIS TOPIC I SUGGEST NOT READING ***

*Emily's Point Of View*

I covered my eyes and squeezed my eyes tightly shut in attempt to stop the visions and sounds replaying in my mind.

There was a soft knock making me stop and look up.

"Em?" I heard Shawn's soft voice asked.

"Y-Yeah?" I stuttered out.

"Can I come in please?" He asked politely.

"I-I dunno', c-can we speak l-later?" I asked not trusting my own voice to speak.

"Please Em" he pleaded.

I sighed before opening the door slightly. "Yes?" I asked sticking my head out to see him standing there.

"Can I come in?" He asked taking a step forward.

I looked down with a sigh before opening my bedroom door fully, letting him walk in.

He sat down on my bed and put his head in his hands.

I instantly sat beside him, slowly sinking into the mattress.

"I'm sorry" he whispered, lifting his head to look at me, his eyes glossed over with tears.

"I didn't mean to hurt you" he whispered grabbing my wrist softly. He turned it around to see a red mark forming that we both knew would become a bruise.

"I-It's fine" I stuttered out.

"No. It's really not. I laid my hands on you" He said before pressing his lips to my mark, kissing it softly.

"You looked so scared. Almost as scared when we were in that shoot down" he said looking at me in concern.

"And I'm so fucking sorry I hurt you. I'm really sorry..." he said sniffing.

"But your eyes were tranced... A-and I can't help but think that something else has gone on" he said squeezing his eyes tightly.

I pulled my arm back into my lap and began to play with my fingers. "Emily, you can tell me" he whispered reaching his hand over to lace our fingers.

Bringing our hands up to his mouth, leaving a kiss on the back of my hand.

"You can trust me" he said making me look up at him with tearful eyes, tears threatening to spill at any second.

"I-I-..." I tried to speak before all of the emotions and memories and sounds and touch came back. The tears began to trickle down my face as I began to cry.

"It's okay- baby It's okay. Whatever has happened is in the past and I will never let whatever happened, happen again" he said rubbing my back softly.

He reached up wiping my tears away making me nod to myself that I could do this. It was hard to tell someone something so deep.

"Only my mom and Carly knows... so you can't t-tell my dad" I said looking at him as he nodded frantically.

"I promise I won't tell anyone" he said lacing our fingers again.

"So I h-had this b-boyfriend for maybe j-just a little over t-Two years" I stuttered out trying to get my words out.