95

"I'm not okay, I feel so scattered
Don't say I'm all that matters
Leave me,
déjà vu"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"Please... please s-Shawn. You c-can't. You can't leave me. P-please. Don't die on me. I love you" I sobbed out.

I let out rapid deep breaths as tears poured down my cheeks.

"The police and ambulance are coming inside now Emily" Am officer said bending down to reach for my hands making me flinch and knock my head on the pole.

"Emily, please try to stay still honey. I'm not going to hurt you. I work for your parents" he said looking into my tearful eyes.

I let out a whimper before hesitantly nodding. He quickly reached down to unwrap the tight rope from around my wrists.

I let out a gasp as I finally felt my arms released from the pole.

I yanked my body up quickly to see Jake being put into handcuffs by another officer.

"Shawn" I whispered letting out a whimper as I began to sob erratically.

"Here" I heard the same officer who untied my wrists wrap a large police uniform jacket around my shoulder and exposed body.

I held my hand onto Shawn's cheek as tears continued to roll down my cheeks.

"Please don't l-leave me. I. I need you. I love y-you" I cried out my body finally catching up to me that I was extremely dehydrated, starved and weak.

My vision began to get blurry and slow as I squeezed my eyes shut to clear it up.

I let out a huff as my body collapsed to the ground, hearing shouts around me.

"Get the stretcher down here now!!"

-

The faint sound of beeping were hushed and slow but soon got louder and quicker as my eyes fluttered open.

I blinked a few times trying to adjust to the extremely bright light shining in my face.

"Emily your awake" I heard a ladies voice say. I shook my head to adjust my vision as it began to clear up.

The room was completely white, two chairs sitting against a wall with a small window beside the door in front of me. There were blinds that were slightly open in front of it as people walked past every now and then.

My eyes drifted to the figure the voice came from revealing a young woman in what seemed was her mid thirties wearing a blue scrub set.

A stethoscope hung around her neck as she wrote down something on the clipboard in her hands.

"How are you feeling honey?" She asked sweetly.

"Li-" I began to speak but my voice was scratchy and unrecognisable. She handed me a cup of water making me tip my head to thank her.

I grasped the cup in my hands before sculling it down, relief filling my throat.

"Like shit" I finally answered making her chuckle.