103

"We live in a beautiful world
Yeah we do
Yeah we do
We live in a beautiful world"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

"Please!" She begged, her bottom lip popping out and her eyes forming into puppy dog eyes.

"Bub, it's all the way on the other side of town" I said wrapping my arm around her large stomach in an attempt to get her so comfortable she'll want me to stay like that.

She had been having these weird cravings lately, wanting Nutella covered pickles and tomatoes on crisps. Right now she wanted this fried ice cream from the Thai desert shop on the other side of town.

"Please, for our baby girl" she said making my eyes flicker towards hers.

I rolled my eyes playfully and sat myself up. She always pulled the 'baby girl' card, where she admitted that our baby was a girl. It just gave me more hope and made me so happy that she thought it was a girl as well.

She was probably only saying it because I wanted to hear that and the fact that I would do things for her.

"Fine, but text me every five minutes that I'm gone" I said grabbing my jeans. I slid my legs through each leg and pulled them up my thighs.

"I'm not kidding Em, I want to hear that stupid ringtone every five minutes. I don't want anything happening to you... or your water break- Nope I'm not going anymore" I said throwing my wallet and keys back onto the side table.

"Shawn!" She squealed sitting up and pouting at me once more.

"Fine... I'm going. I'm going" I said pushing her hair off her forehead, my hands falling to her cheeks as I kissed her forehead softly.

"I'll be back in ten minutes, fifteen - tops" I said looking into her beautiful eyes.

She nodded puckering her lips and lifting her head up. I chuckled pressing my lips against hers, kissing her for a few seconds before parting from her. I headed out our bedroom hearing her shout a 'I love you'. I quickly responded back before finally getting out of the house.

-

I pushed the gear into park before hopping out the car, heading towards the small Thai take away restaurant at a faster pace.

I pushed the glass door open, a small bell ringing letting my entrance be known to the workers.

"Hi, can I please get a large caramel fried ice cream please?" I asked getting my card out of my wallet as the worker nodded, tapping a few buttons on his screen before gesturing towards the eftpos machine.

I swiped my card paying the surprisingly cheap five dollar amount before taking a seat on the waiting chair.

I smiled down at my screen seeing two text messages already from Emily.

Emily: I'm alive x

Emily: I'm still alive xx

Shawn: I'm glad x

"One caramel fried ice cream!" The same worker called out holding up a plastic bag with a bowl inside.

I smiled sliding my phone into my pocket, standing up and grabbing the small bag, heading quickly back to the car, my keys swinging in my hand as I hopped into the car.

I placed the bag in the passenger seat before letting out a chuckle at my phone ringing.

I glanced at the caller ID seeing it was Emily.

"Hello, you're still alive?" I asked a smile rising to my lips as I started up the car, placing the phone on my lap as I put it on speaker.

My eyebrows furrowed and smile dropped as I didn't get a response, just heavy breathing.

"Emily, Baby? Are you alright?" I asked seriously.

"S-Shawn" I heard her getting out before groaning.

"Baby what's going on? Come on talk to me" I got out quickly, my hands moving speedy as I reversed out of the park and sped down the high way.

I pulled up to a red light internally groaning as Emily began to speak again.

"Shawn. M-my water. It broke" she softly got up before squeaking slightly in pain.

My face paled and my heart dropped. Her water broke?

Her water broke.

The green light lit up my face as I pressed hard against the accelerator harshly.

"I'm coming baby, stay on the line with me... can you try text Carly for me darling" I said softly trying to remain calm when really I was extremely freaked out.

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

I giggled at Shawn's reply to my stupidly witty text. I mean hey, he asked me to text him every five minutes.

I sat up, the sudden urge to pee hitting me. That was one of the things I hated about pregnancy. The continuous flow and need to pee. I was going to the bathroom almost ten times a day.

I was scared that one day I'd wet myself, when actually my water broke.

I've heard from some people that your water breaking feels a lot different to peeing, but some people also say they've not even noticed there water broke.

I placed my feet onto the cold flooring pushing myself up off the bed to stand up when a sharp pain flew through my stomach. I gasped as I felt continuous liquid fall down between my thighs.

Did I just pee myself?

I quickly grabbed my phone, speed dialing Shawn's number before holding it to my ear.

"Hey, you're still alive?" I heard his voice say as a chuckle left his mouth, his voice somehow calming me down.

Sharp pains flooded through my stomach as I heaved in and out heavily.

"Emily? Baby are you alright?" I heard him ask, his tone gaining worry.

"S-shawn" I struggled to get out as I continued to breath heavily.

"Baby what's going on? Come on talk to me" he quickly spoke, the car engine in the background making me feel at slight ease that he was coming yet nervous that he was calling me while driving.

"Shawn. M-my water. It broke" I said softly before squealing in pain, hissing out between my teeth.

"I'm coming baby, stay on the line with me... can you try text Carly for me darling" he said as I heard the engine get slightly louder.

"Yep. Yeah" I breathed out putting the phone on speaker before exiting the call screen and entering the message app.

-

A/N: it's happening!!! And I've seen a few of your comments speculating that this story will be ending soon. And unfortunately. It will be but I'm going to hopefully be writing a new Shawn Mendes book after this one