96

"Give me just one kiss
to last me till death
Like a vice that hurts me
I want to look you in the eyes"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

"Emily..." I heard someone whisper from the door way.

I looked over my dads shoulder to see my best friend standing there.

"Carly" I choked out as she stood there with glossy eyes.

She ran straight towards me, wrapping her arms around my body as we both began to sob into each other's shoulders.

"I should've been there" she cried continuing to cry into my shoulder.

"It's okay Carly. You couldn't have done anything" I said sympathetically, lifting my hand up to run my thumb under her eye, wiping her tears away as she did the same to me.

"God... I'm so glad your. Alive" she said making me chuckle before we both hugged each other tightly again.

"I can't believe James was that crazy and obsessed with you. No! I can't believe Jake was that psycho... No! I can't believe Rhylee. That bitch!" She squealed making me tense up at the three names of my tormentors.

"Sorry..." she whispered at my tense state placing a hand on mine squeezing it softly.

"Well I love you. And I'm so glad you're okay... I don't know what I would've done if.." she said beginning to tear up at the thought.

"I'm okay... Carly. I'm here" I said holding her face with my hands.

She sent me a sad smile before nodding and hugging me once again.

I squeezed my eyes tightly as I wrapped my arms around her body. We sat there for a few minutes embracing each other in silence.

I missed this feeling.

I heard a soft tap from the door, choosing to ignore it and continue to stay in a tight hold with my best friend.

"Is it okay if I come in?" I heard a familiar voice say.

Carly pulled away from our embrace making my eyes snap open to reveal a brunette curly haired boy standing at the entrance of the room.

"Yeah... we'll wait outside" my mom said kissing my cheek before grabbing her handbag and walking out of the room with Rhylee trailing behind her.

I bit my lip harshly as I watched my dad begin to walk out the room, my eyebrows raising and eyes widening as he patted Shawn's shoulder as he exited.

I stared at him wide eyed with bewilderment.

He had a sling holding his arm with a bulge under his shirt in his shoulder area.

I gasped at the memory returning of him getting shot. All the emotions of loosing him returning. All of the emotions of not seeing him for the longest period returning.

"Shawn" I choked out, my hand raising up to my mouth as I began to sob.

"Oh my god" I managed to get out as tears began to run down my cheeks.