43

"You'll never be alone
When you miss me close your eyes
I may be far but never gone"

-

*Shawn's Point Of View*

It had been 2 days and she still wasn't awake. 2 days without her beautiful smile or laugh. 2 days without her lips. 2 days without her.

She laid there with wires and tubes laying around her, a drip in her arm with a white hospital gown that fell around her small frame.

I hadn't left her side at all and after one day of her not waking up I had to break it to her parents.

It wasn't the easiest thing to tell the parents of the girl you were supposed to be body guarding that she snuck off to a party and got drugged.

We still don't know what was in her system but Dr Valinmar had done some blood tests that should've honestly been analysed already.

It was the most gut wrenching feeling knowing the girl you loved was in so much and you couldn't do a single thing about it.

The hospital door slowly opened followed by Dr Valinmar entering the room. I glanced up at him in hope for some good news.

"So I've got her blood and test results back" he said skimming his clipboard before holding it by his side and sighing.

"So it's what I thought it was" he said looking up at me as I stared back at him in curiosity.

"We found extremely high levels of Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid also known as GHB. It's mostly referred to as liquid ecstasy or in this particular case the date-rape drug" he explained looking at me intently.

"Whoever has supplied her with it has put in an alarming extreme amount that has placed her under a longer duration of coma" he said making my eyes widen.

"A coma?" I exclaimed.

"Yes it's main symptom is coma..." he started letting out a sad sigh. "From previous patients affected by date rape the dosage they have been given has knocked them out for 1 or 2 hours... Emily's dosage was thirty times the amount of the usual statistical date rape dosage" he said sadly making my eyes widen and my mouth fall open.

"I-Is she going to be okay?" I stuttered beginning to worry this was a lot more then the 'date-rape drug'.

"If she continues to be tracking the way she is she should be awake by tonight. But before she is discharged I'm going to prescribe her to some medications..." he trailed off beginning to scribble on a small piece of paper before handing me the list of medications.

"She will be extremely drowsy and forgetful. She will also have a loss of muscle-tone for a day or two but it will slowly be regained you'll just need to assist her in walking and other things" he said before letting out another sigh.

"She also may incur seizures which we feel will be highly likely due to her high dosage so we suggest you staying with her at all times" he said before smiling sadly at me.

"Unfortunately I'm a specialist in this department and it's extremely upsetting seeing not only another young lady the victim of date-rape but at such a dangerous dosage" he said.

"Thank you so much... I-I'll be sure to grab all of these medications... Her parents are going to arrive soon would you be able to explain the same thing to them" I asked desperately not wanting to leave Em for one second.

He nodded before shooting me a small smile.

"I'm well aware Mr president and Katherine are attending and I will definitely explain the situation son" he said before leaving me alone with Emily.

Carly had left two hours ago but I made her go home. She looked extremely uncomfortable in that latex dress but she assured me to call her once Emily woke up.

I reached over and softly grabbed Emily's hand as I laced my fingers with her.

I let out a shaky breath as my eyes trailed along her frame.

"I-I'm So f-fucking sorry" I breathed out my voice cracking at the end.

"I was suppose t-to keep you safe and p-protect you... I l-let you out of my sight f-for one n-night and this happens" I said shaking my head of the disturbing memories of that night.

"I just really n-need you to wake up now Em" I breathed out squeezing her hand softly.

"I'm never leaving you again. You'll never be alone" I said leaving a kiss on her hand as a tear slid down my cheek landing on the back of her hand.

The door suddenly slammed open the back of it almost smashing into the wall.

"Oh my god! My baby!" I heard a voice say making my head shoot up as I quickly wiped my tear and let her hand out of my grasp.

I stood up and let Katherine have her moment with her daughter. Heath came walking in soon after with Dr Valinmar as they shut the door.

Her father's eyes teared up as he looked over at his daughter laying lifeless on the bed.

His eyes soon trailed over to me.

"Shawn can I speak to you outside for a moment?" He asked opening the hospital door and walking into the hall.

I looked back over at Emily warily, my eyes slowly falling into her mothers.

"I've got her" she mouthed as he caressed her head. I nodded before following after Heath.

I walked out to see him standing there looking at the ground as he chewed on his nail.

His head shot up at the sound of my footsteps.

"What happened?" He instantly asked.

I let out a shaky breath before explaining everything. From her saying she was going to Carly's to getting that phone call and finding her limp at that party.

"Who could've done this to my girl?" He asked his lips trembling slightly.

"Carly mentioned Emily saying that James gave her a drink before she fell unconscious sir" I said formally.

"Do you know anyone called James?" He asked curiously.

"Yes sir, the party was held at James Cardwell's house. He's in her class" I said making him nod.

"Shawn you can call me Heath" he said tapping my shoulder making me nod reluctantly.

"Thank you so much for helping my daughter. My wife and I really appreciate everything you have done for her" he said with a smile before heading back into the room.

I closed my eyes before letting out a shaky breath feeling extremely guilty for lying about Emily and I.

I could get in extreme trouble if he ever found out about Emily and I. I ran my hands down my face before letting out a sigh and heading back into the room.

"Shawn" I heard a soft voice whisper.

-

A/N: Sorry for not updating yesterday I was extremely busy but CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING: Camilla and Shawn??? What. The. Fuck. Where. Those. Photos. Literally died inside once I saw them but also extremely sceptical at them. There's been a lot of conspiracy theories that they're doing it for the promotion of Señorita which is honestly so fucking smart. Like all I've seen on twitter and Snapchat is Camila and Shawn??