18

"You're the coffee that I need in the morning
You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring
Won't you give yourself to me
Give it all, oh"

-

*Emily's Point Of View*

It was finally the weekend. Time for relaxation and possibly a nail appointment and some retail therapy to get myself away from the thought of college. But obviously that wasn't going to happen.

Shawn and I were on a flight back to Washington for my niece's 2nd birthday. Her name was Lily and she was extremely adorable. She had blonde straight away, pale skin like Ivan, my brother, and the most gorgeous eyes blue eyes from his wife.

Yes Ivan was married. He was only 5 years older than me and he was already married. And here I was single as a pringle with some potential connection with my body guard who I will never be allowed to date if my father had anything to do with it.

"I can't sleep. Are we almost there?" I said yanking my earbud out of my ear.

Shawn yawned taking his headphones out of his ears as well.

"Umm..." he said clicking on the map on the screen attached to the back of the chair displaying our position.

We were about 30 more minutes away from Washington. Which wasn't that long. But when you've been on a flight for 6 hours non stop without any real pizza. It does things to a girl.

I groaned tilting my head back in annoyance.

"We're almost there" He said squeezing my thigh comfortingly.

I sighed smiling at him.

-

"Oh honey! I've missed you!" My mum yelled pulling me into her arms for a tight hug.

"Mum I've been gone for one week. There's 2 years and 51 more weeks" I struggled out through the tight hug.

I pulled away as she gripped my shoulders analysing me before smiling widely and pulling me into a more softer hug.

"Katherine honey, you're going to squash our daughter" my dad said coming down the stairs making my mum chuckle.

As soon as Shawn saw my dads presence he stiffened his stance.

"How's school going?" My dad asked kissing my forehead lightly as my mum gave Shawn a hug.

"Yea it's been good" I answered.

Dad and I hadn't ever really been extraordinarily close like my mum and I. I told my mum everything from cute boys in school to period cramp situations.

"Shawn" my dad said shaking Shawn's hand.

"Sir" Shawn responded.

"Okay... so Lily is upstairs playing with Lila and George. Ivan and Claudia have gone out for some alone time" my mum said.

"Lila's here?" I asked excitedly.

"Yea, go say hi" she said smiling at me.

I rushed upstairs and headed towards the kids living room we used when our cousins or nieces and nephews came over.

Lila was my cousin who was a year younger than me. She was so sweet and I loved hanging out with her when she came to Washington.

I walked into the kids living room seeing George, my other cousin, who was now 5 years old, playing with Lily. Lila sat on the couch aimlessly watching some Dora the explorer episode on tv.