59 ~ heart sings loud

(Lisa pov)

(Lisa pov)

Lisa really wanted to hear Chaeyoung sing again. She had dreamed of her last night, hearing her heavenly voice in the hallway.

Now she was watching as the brunette looked at the ukulele in hand, staring blankly at it.

"Roseanne... you love playing right?"

"Yeah."

"Then please, play for me. And sing. Sing like there's no tomorrow." Lisa leaned forward and pecked her lips.

Chaeyoung sighed slowly. "I'm nervous."

"Why babe? It's just me."

"It's b-because it IS you."

Lisa looked at her confusedly.

"What if I don't sound good? I was hardly singing w-when you heard me." She looked down. "What if you don't like it?"

"Oh Chaeyoung." Lisa smiled and put a hand on her thigh, squeezing it. "If you were hardly singing when I first heard you, then you are going to sound spectacular."

Lisa watched as Chaeyoung fixed her hands on the ukulele, looking to Lisa and leaning in. They shared another kiss before Chaeyoung asked for a glass of water.

After a quick trip to the kitchen, Lisa handed her a glass and watched her sip on it. She was finally going to hear the popular performer, drug free, with hopefully a more powerful voice than before.

Her real voice.

"Um give m-me a second to pull up the chords."

"Okay, no worries." Lisa smiled, watching her girlfriend pull out her phone. Her eyes darting across the screen in upward and downward motions, until she sat her phone down.

"Okay."

"Just like that?" Lisa asked curiously. "You memorized the chords just like that?"

"Oh... uh..."

"That's amazing."

"It's is?"

"Yes." Lisa smiled. "It is."

Chaeyoung smiled softly before she took a deep breath and another sip of her glass.

Then she strummed.

- "8" Billie Eilish -

"Wait a minute, let me finish. I know you don't care. But can you listen? I came committed, guess I overdid it. Wore my heart out on a chain. Around my neck, but now it's missin'."

Lisa smiled. Her voice... was the most angelic thing she's ever heard. Even more so than the first time.

Chaeyoung had her eyes closed, moving her fingers to the chords like they weren't even chords that needed to be played.