39 ~ conversations for tonight

(Lisa pov)

(Lisa pov)

Lisa had talked with Wendy some more in fourth. She was actually really nice.

But at some point in their conversation, Chaeyoung was brought up.

I guess other people were probably having the same questions about her as Wendy was.

"Lisa, sorry if this sounds rude, but why did you start hanging out with Chaeyoung?" Wendy asked.

"Because I felt bad for her. But now, I really enjoy her company." Lisa said with a smile.

"She does seem nice... I- well, all us students, you know, we knew what she would do."

"I know. I did too. It wasn't a secret." Lisa frowned. "I'm just glad knowing that didn't stop me from being her friend. She really is amazing."

"I've noticed she looks better." Wendy smiled.

"Yeah, she's not abusing drugs anymore."

"Because of you?"

Lisa suddenly went red. "Well..."

"That's sweet Lisa. She probably needed a friend. Someone to support her." Wendy started.

"You've always been kind to people. I'm not surprised it was you." She added.

"Really? Thanks Wendy."

"Mhm."

Lisa smiled thinking back to the exchange. She wonders why she hadn't talked with Wendy before?

Either way, she was now walking the track with Chaeyoung. Their hands intertwined as Lisa swung them forward and back a bit.

"You are okay with hanging out today right?" Lisa asked. "With J and J?"

"Yeah."

"Don't be nervous. They just want to get to know you more."

"I know."

"I do as well. I'd love to hear more about you." She smiled. "And don't worry. I'm sure everyone will be sharing things about themselves."

"That'd be nice." Chaeyoung smiled.

"The first thing I'd like to know is how you keep your hands so soft?" Lisa teased, giving them a squeeze.

Chaeyoung blushed and shrugged.

They walked the track like that for sometime. Lisa smiled every time she would look at their hands. She loved holding Chaeyoung's more than anything.

Lisa quietly snapped a couple photos while Chaeyoung was looking off towards the other students.

Fifth was coming to an end and they just completed the last lap their teacher told them to do.

He had everyone run ten laps around the track. But they only had to walk five. Because he cared.