3| lads flirting

"Um, yeah, lovely. You said you wanted the part of Anika, a villain, I suppose, didn't you?" Remus asked, tapping his pen on his piece of paper.
"Yeah, yeah I did." Alisha smiled, her thick dark hair hanging in loose spirals around her waist as her tan hands fiddled with the ends.
"You were stunning, dahling, just beau'iful," Lily said in a thick accent that Remus couldn't quite put his finger on as she rested her feet on the table, leaning back on her chair.
"Oh my gosh..."
"Ok bye, fuckers!" Alisha jumped down from the stage and out of the emergency exit beside it. She wasn't the first person he'd seen that evening who ever so casually left through the door branded with a bright green sticker clearly stating to use said door in deathly situations.
"Lily, I cannot take you seriously with those on. Would you please take them off?"
"I can't, dahling, this is what they all look like," Lily reasoned, not dropping the voice as Remus felt laughter bubble in his throat.
"Why the fuck do I bother with- oh, hello." Remus placed all his attention on the person entering the room: Jackson Perez, a new but loud sixth year.

"Oh, so Lily, I'm supposing, actually does look like a well-built man who wants to direct a porno while suffering through a midlife crisis? Wonderful."

"He said I looked well-built," Lily mentioned as Remus fixed her with a blank stare.

"On second thoughts, she looks like a man with a beer belly who smokes pot."
"Fuck you too. Which character are you auditioning for?"
"Noah."
"Nice, the environmentalist. Are you comfortable with giving us some hot gay action?" Lily winked at him.
"Remus needs it," she added.
"Something is wrong with her today. But are you comfortable with kissing a boy? There's only one scene."

Remus, under these circumstances, was encouraged to be strictly professional by Professor McGonagall as it would supposedly would keep himself from favouring certain pupils, but Remus never did, even if he was considerably more relaxed.

"Yeah, totally fine with that. Who knows, I don't fancy boys or anything, not that I mind guys who do, but maybe I'll be able to kiss some overly attractive boy? We have loads of them here at Hogwarts. You might be one yourself, Remus."

A very tense connection fizzled between Lily and Remus.

"Um, do you think he...?" Lily looked at Remus through those dark shades of hers and he ground his teeth together.
"Don't assume. You can start, we have limited time-"
"That we don't like being wasted on lads flirting with our Remus."
"Oh, you guys are a thing? Sorry, didn't know that."
"No, we're not- alright, you can start, you know."

Jackson spoke with expression, walking around the stage with a noticeably different air. He morphed in to a whole new person right before their eyes and Remus would be lying if he said he wasn't pleasantly surprised.

"Wow." That was the first thing that came out of Remus' mouth.
"Wow is a bit boring. Yeah, that was great," Lily complimented, peering over her thick sunglasses.
"Thanks!" Jackson held his hands in front of him as he took the stairs off of the stage, walking a reasonable distance towards the fire door.
"Were you the last person?" Remus asked before he left. Jackson turned his head, dark brown curls bouncing.
"Yeah, I was. I would hate your job, sitting about for an hour or so.
And you don't even get doughnuts..."
Lily and Remus were put in a spot of confusion as he left, but Lily quickly broke the silence.

"You know what, I quite like him."

"I mean, he wasn't bad. There's just... no one's hitting the mark. I mean, we've got suitable contenders for the other characters, but Noah is a fucking bitch and no one can get him right there," Remus rants, chewing on the nail of his thumb impatiently.

"You don't have stage fright, do you?"
Remus was perplexed at the abrupt question.

"No, not really."