chapter 1

First of all, Hi! Thank you for stumbling across my story  "My Rising Sun"  I hope you like it.

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, recorded, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the publisher of this book.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, and incidents are either the product of the authors imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, event, or locales is entirely coincidential.

Happy reading!! :)

Somadina was in a very deep thought as the vehicle she boarded to her father's house cascaded down the street.

So much has happened in the past years. Her beloved father had passed away while she was in her final year in school.  And that made things a little difficult for her. But thank God, she's out of school and has even done her one year youth service.

She has promised to make her father proud, and yes, she did. She was going home with a first class degree in accounting.  Even though her dad would not be there to welcome her, she was happy that at least she did not disappoint him. She believed that her dad would be happy for her anywhere he was. 

She was also happy that she's finally going home to meet her prince charming.  Her dad had promised to get them married after her graduation. Although her dad was no more,   that was what both of them had wanted. She thought Yemi would be so happy to see her back and would like them to walk the aisle.  Especially now. that little Yemi is living inside of her. 

"This is exactly what I want, Yemi and I get married and live happily."  The thought of being with Yemi forever sent a kind of happiness creeping into her heart.

The vehicle pulled in front of their compound. She stepped out of the vehicle, brought out all her luggages and paid the driver who drove away immediately..

Her mum was going inside the compound when the vehicle pulled over. She waited to see the passenger and immediately she saw her daughter come out of the vehicle, she hurried back to meet her.  Daughter and mother were so happy to see each other.  They hugged each other so passionately.

The children in their compound were all happy to see her.  They all ran to meet her. She has a way of dealing with the children. As the only child of the parents, she loves children a lot. 

"Sister Somadina, did you buy something for me?" Asked Saviour as Somadina picked her up.

"Of course, I bought something for everybody. Come with me to the house and you shall have what I got for you." She told all the children and asked the three bigger ones to take her luggage inside.

As promised, she gave the children what she bought for them before she finally dismissed all of them. As the children left her house happily with the gift she bought for them, she turned to her mother.

"Now, tell me my dear mummy,  how are you?"

"I am very fine, my child. It's just that I missed your father so much, especially today. He would have been here to see his only child finally out of university with a very good grade just as he has always wanted." She said tearfully.

" You shouldn't do that, mum. You are here to welcome me.   That's the most important thing." She said, wiping her tears.

"Now, smile for me.  Or I will cry too." She said jokingly.

"That's not necessary, my dear.
I won't cry again. You're one of the best in your school. First class, isn't it?"

" You're right,  mum.   And I know my dad will be happy for me wherever he is now." She finalized.

"Mum, I'm starving."
"Starving, when I've made your favourite meal.  Sit here, I will go get it for you."

Vegetable soup has always been her favourite. She was delighted that her mum prepared her favoirite soup for her. She has not eaten anything since morning,   Not because she was not hungry or because she has no money. She was only afraid of eating and throwing up. That was how it has been for her recently.  Doctor Stella told her it was a sign of pregnancy.

The food was delicious. She enjoyed every bit of it.  But, she couldn't eat much because she was afraid. She wanted the food to stay, so she washed her hand and cleared the table.

That night sleep eluded her.
She thought of how to break the news of her pregnat to her Yemi. She wondered whether the news of her unborn baby would make her dear Yemi happy or not.

She also thought of her mother's condition. Ever since her father died,  her mum has been the shadow of her formal self. She wanted to bring happiness back to her life, but how? Will the news of becoming a grand mother soon do the logic and bring back her lost joy?

She also thought of her mother's business. Her mum, ever since her dad passed away she had taken over her dad's responsibilities. And that affected her provision store so much.  Somadina promised to do something about it. She believed that with her little savings, the store would come out well.

She also thought of her late dad. She knew for sure that her dad wouldn't have been happy about her being pregnant outside marriage.  She was so sorry, she has disappointed her dad.

"Dad, I'm so sorry. I promised I'm going to make everything right again." She said sorberly.  Tears screamed down her pretty face.

Suddenly she felt a sharp move on her tommy. And that brought a kind of happiness into her. She smiled to herself. She knew for sure that her Yemi would love this creature inside of her.

That was the evidence of their love. And she knelt down by her bed and appreciated God for the priceless gift He has given to her. It didn't take her ten minutes after the prayer before she slept off.

A/N: Thanks for reading!
Please, don't be a silent reader. Comment, comment like a lot.  I don't mind how many times.  Thank you sooo much.