One

It was a cold spring day where winter ended a few weeks ago. Byun Baekyun walked out his normal sized house with his long beige coat, turtle necked white sweater, ripped jeans on him and a cup of coffee on his right hand.

Before he turn on his car, he casually flashed a smile to the neighbor across from him. "Good morning, Chaewon!~" he waved to her and winked. As expected, Chaewon squealed loudly and stuttered a "G-good morning~" she sighed, melting with a smile.
"Have a good day~" Baekhyun said before driving off.

"ARGH WHY DID I STUTTER?!? AHHHH SO EMBARRASSING!!" She yelled to herself after Baekhyun left.

Byun Baekyun, 27, is a detective in Han River Crime Department, the biggest crime department in South Korea. He has been working there for a long time and always leaves good impression to his co-worker. When the male parked his car and walks into the building, everyone bows politely to him and smiles.

"Good Morning, Baek hyung." Sehun said, typing on his computer busily.
"Morning~" Baekhyun said and rested his coat on his chair and fixed his hair. "Still working on your stray cats case?" He chuckled.
"Hey, hyung's big famous detective ego won't understand the jOy of helping cute tiny small animals." Sehun sassed while typing his report.

Oh Sehun, Baekhyun's first friend in the office. He is a crime investigator, Baekhyun's sidekick.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Baekhyun rolled his eyes and smiled softly.
Sehun groaned happily after he submited his report. "Finally done~" he said while stretching. "Do you wanna get breakfast?" Sehun asked.

"Uh- HELLO HYUNG????" Sehun waved at Baekhyun, concerned.
The older just continue fiddling his ring. The ring is very special to Baekhyun, it's a present from his childhood best friend.
"Oh, yeah, um... What did you say?" Baekhyun laughed softly.
Sehun crossed his arm. "I said, do you wanna grab breakfast, you dumbo."
"Uh, yeah. Let's go then." He said and walked to the building's cafeteria.

As the two friends walk to the cafeteria, Sehun looked at Baekhyun's precious ring and raised a eyebrow. "What exactly is so special about that ring? Its just a basic sliver ring with like some scratches."
"It's a ring from yoda." He chuckled, smiling widely.
"Y-yoda? Isn't yoda that one movie character with them big flappy ears?" Sehun questioned.
Baekhyun just nodded sarcastically and rolled his eyes. When they were next in the waiting line, Baekhyun ordered a ham, cheese and lettuce sandwich with a bottle of milk and Sehun ordered a waffle wrap with cinnamon and fruits along with a bottle of orange juice. "It will be 21,000 won in total." The cashier said.
Sehun blushed at the cashier. "I will pay for it Baek, no worries." He said, trying to look cool and give the cashier his credit card.

"Thank you, sir." The cashier smiled and handed him his receipt. Baekhyun shaked his head at his friend.
"Wow, you are so inlove with that Han LuLu." Baekhyun clicked his tongue twice after they ordered and sat down on one of the tables with their food, Sehun sat across from him.
"Shut up- she might hear us!" He whispered. "By the way, her hair looks soooo good today~! She is so cute!" He fangirled while caressing the receipt softly.
"Keep in mind that you look like a total creep right now, Sehunnie." Baekhyun whispered and took a bite of his sandwhich.
"But she is just so cute! I can't resist!" He said and bit on his waffle wrap excitedly.

After they finished their food, one of their hoobae walked up to them in a hurry. He clumsily fixed his glasses and bowed. "Hello, sunbae-nims! Here is a new case that just got reported a minute ago." He said, handing the case folder politely to Baekhyun.

"Hello, Minseok Hyung. No need to act so formal. You are older than me and drop the 'sunbaenim', Just call me Baekkie is good enough." He smiled and lift Minseok up from bowing.
Minseok chuckles and nodded. "Alright, Baekkie. You are still my Sunbae though! You have more experience than me." He smiled.
"Minseok hyung, you are too nice. Thank you for sending the case so quickly. See you around~" he waved and continue walking.

"Wow you really are unbelievable. Minseok hyung called you Sunbae AND bowed! Did you know he the super rookie of 2015 AND 2016?!" Sehun praised.

"Uh- Did you know I was the super rookie of 2012 AND 2013 AND 2014?" Baekhyun mimicked Sehun's "AND"s.
"No, not at ALL!" He said sarcasticly. "Let's go back to the office quickly, we have a case to solve." Sehun said seriously.

"Correction, I have a case to solve."

*
That's is the end of Chapter one! Chanyeol is gonna appear next chapter so look foward to it!

Bye bye my fluffies❤️