Nine.

Baekhyun laid back on his hospital bed. He was dying of boredom. The small detective looked up the ceiling, stroking his new puppy beside him.

He sighed in tiredness. Baekhyun was glad that everyone left to leave him alone but he honestly wanted the tall officer to stay. He didn't know why but he just wanted to.

Baekhyun furrowed his brows in the thought of Chanyeol's hands.

"He can't be yoda. I already found him, right? He knows about me so much, it has to be him. God wouldn't be that late to send him back to me.." He said to his new puppy.

"But he did lose his ring, and he forgot about a lot of things we did when he was little. Nah Baekhyun, it was so long ago, only you remember that kind of things. Just trust him... Yeah, you are right puppy, I JUST NEED TO TRUST HIM!" He exclaimed, catching the attention of his roommates.

"Sorry, everyone." He said softly, bowing slightly to every corner of the room.

After they stopped staring at Baekhyun, he lifted his head up and check his phone.

Oh shoot today is my shift! If I don't make it again I will be fired!

Baekhyun gulped. He needed to get out of here. The detective had an idea.

-

"Hello, ma'am. My puppy here needs to potty outside, can I go outside for a bit and come back?" He asked.

"Of course! Just be careful and watch out for yourself." The front desk lady smiled.

Baekhyun smiled brightly. "Thank you so much~" he flashed a legendary Byun Baekhyun smile at her and as expected, she melted instantly.

Thankfully, there was a boutique very close to the hospital. He put his new puppy in his small bag pack, not closing all the way up so the puppy will have some oxygen.

He walked into the boutique and people immediately started to whisper about about him.

Why is he wearing that?

What's up with his wrist?

Gosh, he looks like a mess.

The detective quickly grabbed a white button up shirt and some ripped blue jeans and checked them out quickly.

After he paid, he went to the changing room and carefully put on his clothes so he won't ache. Baekhyun prayed that there won't be any blood stains.

He walked out of the changing clothes with his bag pack and costumers' jaw dropped so low that it looked like they are about to snap.

Gosh, he looks like a hot fine mess.

Baekhyun was relieved when he checked his watch as he stepped into the cafe. He ran to his locker and wore his apron on him and clipped his name tag onto it.

"Thank god you're on time. I didn't want to see our manager scolding you again." Tao smiled, getting his apron off.

Baekhyun panted and fixed his hair in front of a small mirror. "Yeah, me too." He replied while fixing his hair.

Tao grabbed his phone, keys, and wallet. He patted the detective's shoulder before walking out. "Bye, Baekhyun. Hwaiting~" he waved at him and Baekhyun waved back.

The detective sighed deeply and smiled brightly at the next customer.

"Hello ma'am, how can I help you?" He smiled.

The costumer blushed slightly. "U-uh, um, yeah, um, can I get a caramel Frappe with lots of whipped cream?" She requested and Baekhyun quickly put her order in.

And you might be wondering why did Baekhyun get a part-time job? Well, since he was planning to move out soon. He needs the extra money to buy himself a decent place close to his office.

After Baekhyun finished his whole line of customers he looked over at a table where the 2 males didn't order anything. He grabbed his pen and note pad and walked up to them.

"Chen! Why are you here?" I exclaimed joy. I quickly give him a hug, not wanting to let go.

"Puppy! Wow, it's been a long time! How have you been?" Chen hugged Baekhyun back tightly, ruffling his hair.

"Good, besides the fact that I missed you to death!" He nuzzled against him.

Chanyeol just sat there, having mixed emotions.

"You guys know each other?" He asked, interpreting the lovey-dovey moment.

"Yeah, for a long time! Right, pup?" Chen said, turning to the detective.

Baekhyun nodded happily, still holding onto Chen as if he is going to disappear, again.

Chanyeol blinked. He didn't know why he was feeling upset for some reason. The officer hid his feelings with a smile.

"Ohh~ what a small world we are living in." Chanyeol laughed softly then cleared his throat.

Baekhyun suddenly realized what he was doing and quickly let go of Chen.

"So, do you guys want to drink anything? Or eat? I will pay for it for you guys." Baekhyun smiled brightly, looking over at Chen again with a happy smile.

"I would want a cup of black coffee with a slice of fudge cake," Chanyeol said calmly.

"I would want a cappuccino and-"

Chen leaned over to Baekhyun closely, sliding his index finger under the small male's chin.

"you."

Baekhyun blushed hardly, looking down onto the floor "A-anything else?" He stuttered and bit his lip.

"No, that will be all," Chanyeol said coldly, glaring at Chen.

When Baekhyun walked away, Chen smirked at him. He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Why is he even a detective? Jesus Christ might as well be a prostitutor instead with that subby behavior..." Chen said. "He won't even have to work here anymore, he will get a lot of customers." He smiled evilly.

Chanyeol couldn't believe what his friend said. He felt disappointment all over him. The officer got heated but tried his best to calm down.

"Hyung, aren't you gonna be married soon? Why are you flirting with him?" He asked, clenching his fist.

"Yeah, So? He can just be my side-chick. That subby can be a really good one too." He laughed. "I wonder how he is like in bed." Chen smirked.

Chanyeol couldn't hold it anymore. He stood up and clench onto the others' shirt collar.

He is mine, don't you even dare touch him.

*

Yo, fluffies~ this chapter is really frustrating huh? Lol, let's see what's gonna happen.

Thank you guys so much for reading and please vote and share💞 peace~