Twenty-six

"Hyung? Why are you here?" Baekhyun's eyes widen. He saw Yixing started speed walking to him with a surprised smile.

"Baekhyunnie! I never knew you know Kris! Why are you in China?" He asked, ruffling his little brother's soft hair.

Baekhyun smiled softly and grinned. "It's a long story, haha.." he laughed nervously.

Yixing smiles and lean-to Kris's ear and whispered something in his ear then lean back as Kris nodded in acknowledgment. He looked at Baekhyun and sighed. "Take him upstairs first. I will make something to eat." Yixing said and patted his shoulder before walking away to the kitchen.

This time, Kris and Baekhyun arrived upstairs without tripping and landed safely. Kris took him to a master bedroom and told him to sit in the bedroom.

Baekhyun sat down and swings his legs a bit, looking around the room. Kris soon came out with a cold towel and some ice in his cup that he got from his personal small fridge upstairs and sat next to Baekhyun.

"My Korean is not that good, please be easy with me on that." He chuckled softly, signaling him to lay down with his hand.

Baekhyun quickly obeyed and lay down. He tightens his grip and braced for the coldness and closed his eyes. Kris gently placed the cold towel on his chest, Baekhyun shivered slightly at the chillness.

Kris then brushed the younger males' hair to the side so he can work on his face too. He did the basic treatment as Baekhyun was still tight on his grip.

"Hey Kris ge, are you friends with my brother?" He asked as open his eyes slightly.

Kris hummed in response. "I guess you can say that. I meet him for a while now," he looked away a bit in thought, "maybe about 4 years?" He said in a questioning tone.

"Wow, that's a long time," Baekhyun replied in surprise. "So I am assuming you guys meet throughout working? I saw the diplomas." He said, trying his best not show off his skills as a detective.

Kris nodded, but not surprised. He put the last Band-Aid at his bleeding spot on his face and closed his box of medical materials. "I will bring the food your brother made upstairs for you, rest well." He said with a warm smile.

Baekhyun watched him as he left and frowned in unsatisfactory. He looked up at the high ceiling and puffed out his cheek slightly.

"I wonder what is Chanyeol doing now." He said softly and slowly drifted to sleep.

-at Chanyeol's, currently at Sehun's office. The whole department was worried about their detective but most of them still stayed on track with their work. Well, expect Sehun, of course-

"Do you think it's my uncle again? I swear if he lays a damn fi-"

"He is in jail, Officer Park, calm down," Sehun said as he bit on his nails anxiously as he tried to focus on the cameras around Baekhyun's house.

"You can't be talking, your nails are going to be more crooked than my baby cousin's tooth." He snapped at him.

Minseok was sittings at his computer, checking all security camera around Baekhyun's neighborhood but unfortunately, he couldn't find anything. But, he did notice something very important. The camera near Baekhyun's house's doorway only showed Baekhyun walking towards something and the other camera to the bus stop which he regularly goes didn't show a single sign of him.

The eldest male told them what he discovered and they furrowed their brows.  He said that Baekhyun was kidnapped in front of his home and the kidnapper probably took him from there.

Chanyeol had an idea as his eyes brighten. "We should ask Baekhyun's neighbors if they noticed anything strange these days. Like a suspicious car or a suspicious person or even noise or event." He suggested.

The 2 nodded in agreement. Chanyeol and Sehun went to Baekhyun's neighborhood while Minseok and they decided to separate so they can get things done faster and more convenient.

Chanyeol first went to the neighbor across from Baekhyun's house, the place he got kidnapped the nearest. He ringed the doorbell and stood back a couple of inches and waited impatiently but politely. The tall police tapped on his foot as he waited.

Faint footsteps could be heard inside the household and Chanyeol smiled gladly since someone is at home. "Coming~" the voice was faint but clear enough to understand.

When the door opened, a young teenage girl's head popped from the side of the door. "Who is this?" Chaewon asked, looking at the tall police officer head to toe. "Oh! What is it that you need, officer?" She quickly bowed and lifted his head up to face Chanyeol after noticing his uniform and badge. Chaewon smiled seductively at him, thinking the boy is kinda cute.

Chanyeol cleared his throat a bit before talking. "Yes, ma'am. Do you know your neighbor across the street?" He asked.

Chaewon nodded. "Of course! The Byun family." She replied. "The mother is a baker and a housewife. She has 2 sons, Lay and Baekhyun. Lay oppa is a doctor now lives in China but he comes home from time to time." She nods along with her response. "And also," she sighed with a daring smile, "Byun Baekhyun oppa, a detective that is doing really successful in Han River Crime Department and is the most attractive person ever!!" She squealed. "His hair looks so soft and silky, his smile can light up the world, his voice can make you shiver all over your body and feel like you are about to melt and you can't even control yourself." Chaewon chuckled and cupped her own face.

The officer's ears perked up in enlightenment at first but then got a little weirded out a bit on how much she knows about them and laughed awkwardly at her fangirl over his pup. He suddenly remembered something. "Wait, did you say that Byun Baekhyun has a brother? And that he is in China?" He asked.

"Mhm~" Chaewon nodded. "Every single time when Lay oppa comes back from China, he would bring breakfast for me every single morning." She reassured him while swirling her dyed brown hair with pins on to the side.

Chanyeol nodded, happy to know more about his pup. He didn't remember Baekhyun talking to him much about him having a brother. "Have you seen Baekhyun recently?" He asked, almost forgetting his purpose of him being here.

Chaewon shakes his head a bit. "Now you are mentioning it, no! I haven't seen him today or yesterday... he usually says good morning to me when he goes to work and when I am about to go to school." She told him worriedly. "Did something happen to him??!??!!?" She asked worryingly, furrowing her brows with a frown.

Chanyeol gulped, hesitating on either telling the young girl the truth or a white lie. "Don't freak out but, detective Byun is currently missing and we are trying to get a hold of him, don't worry we will find him as soon as possible."

The young teenage girl almost fainted from the news but tried her best to pull herself up together.

Chanyeol blinked and almost grabbed her but she managed to lean against the door.
"You promise?" She asked faintly.

"I promise."
*

Hello, fluffies!' I MISS YALL SO MUCH *cries* but I'm finally back!!! I hope you guys are doing well because you guys are literally my day makers! Looking at your guys' comment makes me smile like an idiot~

Thanks for reading and I will see you guys at the next one!

-Softie_Blossom.