Twenty- five

"Hold up." A sudden voice appeared. It was a man, a well-mannered man.

"Kris, get out of here, its none of your business." Chen glared at his stepbrother. Kris is born into a wealthy family in China. His parents couldn't give birth to another kid at that time (China's one kid rule) but when they could, they decided to adopt a kid. And that kid is Kim Jongdae that was renamed, Wu Jongdae.

Kris stepped closer to Chen and grabbed him by the collar. "First of all, this is my house so it's my business to see if someone die here or not. Second of all, it's 哥哥(Hyung in Chinese), not Kris. Don't forget about that." He growled slightly.

Chen gulped and looked away. One of the only things that scare Chen is his older brother's cold voice and his icy glare. He looked back at Kris, trying to defend himself.

"But, did you know what he did?? He-"

"It doesn't matter. Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes you have to let go of the past and look at the present. That's why it's called a present." Kris cut him off.

Chen bit his lips and glared at the bruised detective one last time before walking past by Kris, bumping into his shoulder a bit.

Kris sighed and put his hand on his waist. "你们可以走了。"  (You guys can leave now) he said to the guards and they nodded and quickly left the jail cell and out basement, leaving Yixing and Baekhyun alone.

"You okay, kiddo?" He asked, looking at his weak eyes and knocked out the body. Kris shook his head a bit before walking to him into the cells and press the code to unlock him from the metal bed.

Baekhyun was a little relieved but he wasn't all the way since he didn't know who Kris is but he seemed like a good person in his eyes. He shook his head a bit as his question and he groaned to sit up.

"Looks like you messed up." He said, putting his hand behind him.

Baekhyun nodded slightly, shivering a bit in the cold since the paralyzed feeling went away a bit. Baekhyun looked at him then turned away.

-South Korea, the day after Baekhyun's torture, Chanyeol POV-

"Investigator Oh, this has to be a kidnap incident. We need to find Baekhyun as soon as possible." Chanyeol said on the other line to Sehun as he drove quickly in his car to Sehun's location, his office.

"I know that. It's been a day and Baekhyun's mom said that she hasn't found a trace of him." Sehun said on the phone, resting his chin on his hand.

Chanyeol's eyes sadden and he bit his lips. "Alright. I'm almost there, see you."

I really hope he is alright, my pup...

-Back to Kris and Baekhyun in China-

Kris eyed him and then walked to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "But do you know what you did is wrong?" He asked, bending down a bit.

The small detective nodded. "I want to apologize to Taeun for a long time." He said and soften a bit on relief as he realizes he can talk now. "But I don't know where exactly she is and most importantly, I don't have the courage to... I don't even deserve to see her."

"So you are you just going to keep it in and never tell her? You are just gonna keep that guilt inside you for the rest of your life?" Kris asked.

That question hit Baekhyun. He really wants to apologize to Taeun politely but he questioned if she even wants to see him.

Baekhyun shook his head a bit and looked down, shivering again in cold. Keep in mind that he only has his pants on and that this basement is as cold as the Arctic. He was in his worst state now. All bruised up, cold, powerless, and weak.

Then, the well-mannered man took off his jacket and put it on Baekhyun's back. "Let's go upstairs, you probably don't want to be here." He insisted and Baekhyun agreed with gladness.

When the two walked upstairs, Baekhyun was anxious about this huge place. It was a 3 story house and there are background painting everyone along with 2 huge doctor certificate and diplomas and awards.

"You are a doctor?" Baekhyun asked as he followed Kris.

Kris nodded and smiled at his diploma. "Took a long time but, it paid off." He simply replied. "C' mon, let's go up to my room so I can apply for some medicine on your wounds." He eyed him and walked up to the long stairs but slowly so the short detective can catch up.

Baekhyun nodded and followed. As he walked up, he was lost in thoughts that this scene looked familiar. Before you know it, the clumsy him tripped on the stairs and rolled down like a bouncy ball.

"Owww~," he said to himself, rubbing his head a bit and hissed in pain.

Kris quickly went to Baekhyun in panic, he bends down. "Are you okay?" He asked, getting the other up.

"Yeah..." He said softly, still rubbing his head.

Kris shook his head. "Why are you so clumsy, geez... Are you blind or something?" He sighed.

"You can't be talking, baby."

"Hyung?"

*

Hello, fluffies! Gosh, this week was a MESS! But guys I am sorry to tell you that I will be uploading once or twice a week due to how unconventional it's witj my current schedule. I started this book in summer when I had nothing to do so please understand I love you guys!

-Softie_Blossom.