Thirteen.

Chanyeol's heart raced from Baekhyun's touch. He looked over at the detective with his ears suddenly going pink again.

"Thank you guys so much, really." The maid smiled weakly and lead them to the mater's room.

The crew followed the maid. The crime investigators quickly did their thing, placing numbers around the room by the objects that are covered with blood and anything suspicious.

Baekhyun scanned the room carefully. The dead body that was being taken away had a hit from his head. He then looked at the ancient golden closet that fell on the master's head, blood on this corner of it.

"This is clearly an accident~ " the high feminine pitch of voice sang.

Chanyeol turns his head around and saw Haemi leaning against the door of the master's bedroom.

"Then how did it fell?" Chanyeol asked, taking out his notebook.

Haemi smirked. "Well, if you guys didn't know~ there was a slight earthquake that happened just now. We couldn't feel it since it was so light but a such a big mansion on this hill can definitely feel it." She explained proudly. "Right, Mrs. Son?" She smiled, revealing a young, beautiful woman.

"Yes, detective Kim. I checked the report today. The closet is also very old so it probably couldn't stay so well in place." The women said, sniffling with an expensive handkerchief.

The whole crew nodded at each other, believing that this death was just an accident. However, Baekhyun feels like something was wrong.

"Ok then. Crew lets finish up and give the house some time. They must be so overwhelmed by this incident." Junmyeon said then looked at Haemi and walked towards her, pecking the back of her hand while bowing like a gentleman. "Thank you, detective Kim." He smiled after he pulled away.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at his hyung that was head over heel falling for Haemi. If only Junmyeon saw how different Haemi looked back then...

Haemi faked smiled, made a quick disgust face and quickly took her hand away to her purse to grab her lipstick, fixing her makeup. "Oops, I knew it got smudged~!" She faked while walking downstairs.

Junmyeon just smiled. "It's ok, you look beautiful no matter what~" Junmyeon flirted, following Haemi.

Baekhyun was still in his thoughts, thinking deeply. He frowned, not getting anything in his head.

Chanyeol glance over at Baekhyun then smiled warmly at the small detective in thoughts. The officer is completely whipped for him.

"Mr. Byun~ are you coming?" He asked, walking a bit closer to Baekhyun.

"Yeah..." Baekhyun replied quietly. "Hey, officer Park..." He called.

"Hm?"

"Would you let your lover be in his bedroom, sleeping next to a big closet that you know that's old and heavy, after knowing it's going to have a land quake soon?" He asked. "It's almost like she wanted it too happened..." He mumbled.

"No... I mean that doesn't make any sense either. If the closet is heavy, it shouldn't fall that well." He furrowed his eyebrows together.

Chanyeol's eyes widen as he took at the closet's legs. He quickly put on his investigation gloves and walks to the closet then bent down to look at its legs. The officer wiggled one of the legs lightly and his jaw dropped. "The legs are loose!" He gasped.

Baekhyun raised one of his eyebrows and walked to the officer and the closet. He took the other pair of investigation gloves that Chanyeol handed to him and put them on and wiggled one if the legs. "You're right... Look at these fresh scratches, someone tried to unscrew it." He gasped as well. "I knew this wasn't an accident!"

Chanyeol nodded. "The question now is, who did it and why did they do it," Chanyeol said, standing up and stretched his arms. "Let's go ask the people in the house what were they doing around 3 pm." He said, taking Baekhyun's hand walked downstairs, leaving the detective all flustered.

The maid immediately walked over to the two, thank them politely. "Thank you, sir." She bowed her head.

"You're welcome but Ma'am, we are not done yet," Chanyeol said, still holding Baekhyun's hand.

"W-what?" She stuttered, her eyes widen.

"We figure it out that it was no accident, it's a homicide," Baekhyun said, leaving everyone in shock.

"What do you mean it was an accident?" Haemi pouted, locking her arms with Chanyeol again. In result, Baekhyun glared at the female, growling quietly.

Chanyeol explained what he and the small detective discovered. "The legs of the closet was loose and found fresh scratches on them. It was no simple small marks and scratches, of course." He cleared his throat while awkwardly, wanting Haemi to get off of him.

"But, it is such an old closet. How are you so sure that it has been screwed recently?" Haemi asked, looking up at Chanyeol.

"What about the brand new scratches? That can't be explained, right?" Baekhyun raised a brow at the feminine detective, glaring.

Oh no... Looks like this is the end, huh?

*
Hello, fluffies! Happy early independence day (if you celebrate that)! Haemi really is a bitch, huh? Lol
I know its pretty short so I am sorry 🙏

Thank you for reading! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️