Four.

"W-what? Huh?" Baekhyun strutted, not able to process what Chanyeol said because of his charming smile.

"I said, I think I know who the victim is, but I am not sure. C'mon, officer Junmeyon brought all of the culprits together and he said that you would be interested to ask some questions." Chanyeol said, grabbing Baekhyun wrist.

Baekhyun's eyes widen, he felt as if his heart is racing at the Olympic. He blushed heavily, not expecting Chanyeol to grab him.

Gosh why is he so good looking?

When the two was with Junmyeon and the culprits, Baekhyun couldn't look up. "Here sir, I brought Detective Byun." He said to him. Junmyeon nodded but his facial expression changed when he looked at the detective.

"Yah Byun Baekhyun, what's wrong? Don't play around please, you are not usually like this." The lead officer told Baekhyun. The detective just nodded and received a sigh from the elder.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, tilting his head a bit. "Are you ok, detective Byun?" He asked, releasing his wrist and patted his back.

The small detective breath in and out deeply, finally getting a hold of himself after Chanyeol let go of him. "Yeah, my head just kinda dazed out for a little haha." He laughed, smiling.

The tall officer smiled back, relieved. "Glad to hear. Let's focus back onto the case, though." He told the detective.

Baekhyun nodded and stood next to Sehun, elbowing him while looking at the culprits talking to the rest of the officers about their point of view of the case? trying to defend themselves.

"So, can you tell me who is who." The detective asked.

"Mhm. The one in the very left is Kwon Yaekook. He is the tall guy Chunghee was talking about. The one on the middle is the hotdog stand guy with his brother on the side. They sound a little fishy, to be honest." Sehun clicked his tongue.

The small detective nodded. "By the way, that Yaekook guy is not the culprit," Baekhyun said.

"Huh? How are you so sure?" Sehun asked.

"The pathway the culprit dug up was about my height. Chunghee said Yaekook is right about Chanyeol's height. And also, that pathway was very long so strength is definitely needed. But look at him, he is skinnier than Taeyong especially when he was a newbie!" He explained.

"But Chunghee said that she saw Yaekook having a gun." Sehun furrowed his brows.

"Oh about that. It was actually a toy gun that his son won in a gift shooting game. Chunghee is only 5, she probably didn't know." Chanyeol suddenly interrupted. "His son and his wife and the employee at the gift shooting game approved it too." He explained.

"I see," Sehun nodded. "And last person, Park Namho. He is apparently the green pepper guy that Jihyunie was talking about that was kinda short. The bad thing is that the hot dog stand guy and he have the same body structures so we have to dig extra deep. We don't want to ruin lives." Sehun said to Baekhyun.

"Of course," Baekhyun replied.

"Ok guys! That's a wrap for today. Please go home and have a good rest. We will be having a meeting tomorrow so don't miss it." Junmeyon yelled.

"Yes, sir!"

* Chanyeol's Side *

Chanyeol walked in his apartment in deep thoughts. why is uncle one of the culprits? Why does it have to be him!?

Sinking in thoughts, I looked at my ring, stroking it softly.

"Why does that detective dude remind me of you so much, hm?" He talked to the silver ring. A sudden image of Baekhyun flashed in his head.

"Yeah, my head just kinda dazed out for a little haha."

Chanyeol smiled softly in the thoughts of the small detective. "That cutie, he is like a little puppy that I want to protect at all cost." He talked to himself.
"Hopefully, everything will be alright and nobody gets hurt."

*Baekhyun's side*

Baekhyun's mom invited Sehun over for dinner. And so, the young male happily accepted her invitation and walked beside his best friend to his house.

Baekhyun ring the doorbell and Mrs.Byun happily opens the door.

"Hello, Sehunnie~ Dinner is ready so you two hurry up and wash your hands and eat, understood?" She closed the door after the 2 took off their shoes.

"Understood." They said in unite.

Sehun sat across from Baekhyun and Mrs. Byun. Baekhyun dug in in excitement.

"Baekhyun hyung."

"Hm?"

"Why did you blush at Officer Park Chanyeol today?"

Baekhyun almost choked on his food, coughing.

"Aish, you're 27 years old Byun Baekhyun and you still can't eat properly? How embarrassing." Mrs. Byun shakes her head, handing her son a glass of water.

Baekhyun took the glass of water and consumed it after calming down.

"I-i wasn't freaking blushing at him, you punk! Stop lying before my mom misunderstand!" He whispered to Sehun.

"Whatever. But it's kinda funny how he has the nickname Mr. Yoda and 'Yoda' gave you that ring." Sehun whispered back.

"You two, less talking and more eating. Baekhyun, you're a hyung. Act like one please." Mrs. Byun fake smiled at Baekhyun and got some side dish on her son's rice bowl. "You guys are probably exhausted from all that work today." She smiled softly, getting some side dish on Sehun's bowl as well.

Sehun said a small thank you and they both ate busily while Mrs. Byun watched them until they finished.

"Ok eomma, I am sending Sehun home, see you!" He waved at his mother.

"Alright. Hurry up and come back it's kinda cold outside." She waved back.

Sehun is only a block away from Baekyun's house so all they had to do is walk.

When they arrived at Sehun's house, the younger said goodbye and the elder just waved at him and smiled.

As Baekhyun was on his way to go home, he heard some excessive footsteps behind him. He turned on the block, looking back and his vision grew black, passing out after a few seconds.

Sorry, kid. Gotta do what I gotta do.

*

Hey Fluffies! I am sorry that I am a little late and guess what? This is the longest chapter so far~

So who is the culprit and what will happen to the small detective? Stay tuned~💓