Thirty-two

"I want to get to know her and love her," he said softly, "So please, let me meet her."

Johnny was hesitating and looked at Blessing then patted her head. "Alright, I'm hanging up. Call anytime if you want to talk to her."

Jongdae smiled softly, "Appreciate it."

— 3 months later—
Location: Seoul, South Korea, at the face-to-face prison glass partition.

"Daddy! I mean, appa! How are you today?" Haemi asked excitedly behind the thick glass. She tried to get close to Jongdae as close as possible.

Jongdae chuckled at his daughter's developing Korean. "I'm doing alright. How was kindergarten?" He asked.

Blessing nodded excitedly. "Yeah! I made a new friend and also I learned something new." She said excitedly.

"That's great! Is everyone treating you alright?" He asked, referring to the crew that Johnny brought her to.

"Yeah! Especially Baekhyun and Chanyeol Oppa! They always give me lots of food and play games with me." She exclaimed.

Jongdae smiled awkwardly and nodded.

At the end of the day, I'm really the one that needs to apologize.

"Woah, you have been here for not so long and your Korean is already so much better." He grinned, trying to maintain his mood in-front of her.

"Really? Maybe because I have been talking to everyone so much in the department. Everyone really treats me so well, but I really want appa to be with me more often." She pouted and held her dinosaur plushie tightly.

Jongdae's eyes slumped down. "I'm sorry, sweetie. Appa has to spend more time here because appa made a huge mistake. I promise we will be together soon and when that day happens, appa will take you all the fun places you want to go, alright?" He asked.

Blessing shook her head a bit. "No need, appa. I just want you to be with me, that's all I want." She said sincerely, trying to reach his hands which were cuffed together.

A tear slowly slides down Jongdae's cheek and he looked at her face, which looked exactly like himself. "Appa is sorry, it's all my fault..." he said softly, trying to hold back his tears.

"No crying, appa," she frowned, "you learned your mistakes, right? We all make mistakes, like how this girl threw away my crayons. I was mad at her! I really was but then the next day she apologized to me with a brand new box of crayons. See, we all make mistakes and that's okay as long as we learn from it."

[flash back to Blessing's first day in Seoul]

Johnny held onto Blessing's hands tightly when they landed in Seoul and walked into the huge airport. He kept his eyes onto the small girl and made sure not to lose her as they were walking on the side so they won't get contaminated with other people.

"Hey, Johnny... Is this where daddy is?" she asked, looking around and found it weird that everyone here was Korean since America was so diverse.

Johnny looked down at her and nodded. "Mhm, you won't see him now but I will take you to him later. We will now go to where my friends are, is that okay?" He bends down and fixed her bed hair a bit since she just woke up from the flight.

Blessing nodded and soon enough they saw the small detective standing in front of the airport, waiting for them.

"Baekhyun Hyung!" Johnny called pout, raising his free hand in the air. He then soon ran to them with a smile on his face.