Skyblueshipping- Unwanted help

After a tournament battle, in which Ash won, Miette met Paul and the two began to travel together. They had grown close as time went on, not that they would ever admit how close. Not even to each other.

Their travels brought them to a reunion of all of Ash's friends and rivals. Even though Paul wasn't to happy about it, Miette convinced him to come with her. Paul was not really one to socialize, but there were few faces that Paul recognized from meeting Ash and some 'celebrities' he had seen on TV before. Also that everyone was in a relationship, and brought their boyfriend/girlfriend that were not already part of the Ash friendship group. He mostly stayed off to the side, stealing glances at Miette.

"Hey, your Paul right?" Gary approached him. Paul nodded. "Well, I'm Gary Oak, nice to meet you." Gary extended his hand.

"Nice to meet you too." Paul accepted the handshake.

Gary stood beside him, looking on at the party. "So, which one is yours?"

"Excuse me?" Paul questioned, returning his attention to Gary.

"Which one are you with? Like traveling, in a relationship with, or both." Gary explained.

"I'm traveling with Miette. The girl with the short blue hair." Paul answered.

Gary nodded. "She's quite a looker." Gary commented, earning a glare from Paul. "Oh don't worry, I'm not going after your girl. My lady is that smoking hot red head named Zoey."

Paul remained silent for a moment. "She isn't 'my girl'. We are just traveling companies."

"You can't be just traveling companions with someone like her." Gary remarked.

"What do you mean, someone like her?" Paul growled. "Miette is an amazing girl. She is sweet and really strong, she has this way of being fiery, yet calming, all at the same time."

"Pretty?" Gary added.

"Beautiful." Paul muttered. It took several minutes before Paul realized what he had just admitted.

"Yep, just a traveling companion. I remember thinking the same thing about Zoey. If you want, I could help." Gary offered.

"I don't need your help, especially with that." Paul spat.

"Whatever you say." Gary shrugged.

The party continued on, Gary busy plotting a way to get Paul to admit how he feels to Miette.

"Earth to Gary." Zoey waved her had in front of her boyfriend's face.

"Yeah." Gary responded, coming back from his thoughts.

"What has you so distracted?" Zoey asked.

"I found out that our friend Paul is in love with his traveling companion, Miette." Gary remarked.

"And?" Zoey asked, knowing there was more.

"And, I am going to help them." Gary answered.

"When did you become such a matchmaker?" Zoey laughed.

"That's what happens when I spend too much time with your friends." Gary argued, causing Zoey to laugh harder. "Anyway, I have the start of a perfect plan."

"I'm sure you do, but can you plan later? I'd like to spend time with my boyfriend before the night is over." Zoey asked.

"Fine. Anything for my lady." Gary smiled, getting a bit of a blush from Zoey.

The party ended soon enough and everyone parted ways with their traveling companions and/or boy/girlfriend. Most went to the Pokémon center for the night, while others camped, or went back to their home region.