Chapter 8

Mingi couldn't sleep that night. He was just walking around in the lunch hall, making plans and thinking about where they could get all the stuff they would need. He thought about the other people which they heard earlier, did they actually try to kill each other? Did it really have to come that far? "Mingi?", he suddenly heard and turned around. Yunho was looking at him whit his eyes almost closed. "Yeah?", he responded. "You should try to get some rest. It won't be helpful when you are tired. I bet we'll have a long, exhausting day. Get some rest", Yunho said before falling asleep again. He was right, being tired would just be a burden, Mingi went over to a table and sat down. Even though he tried to sleep it just didn't work. He just had too many things on his mind. He thought about the rest of his family, for the first time, since he left the shelter. He didn't know if they were still alive, he didn't know if they made it to a safe spot, he didn't know anything about them. While thinking about the old times he eventually fell asleep.
He also was the first one to wake up in the morning, as he slowly got up from his chair Yunho began to raise his head. "Good morning", he mumbled and got up as well. "Morning", Mingi said and began to grab everything they would need, Yunho took the drinks he put together the day before and went over to Mingi "I'm ready", he said and went over to the door, followed by Mingi. They went through the school  not talking to each other, thinking of what they would have to face outside. As soon as they left the school they both became even more quiet. They moved towards the center of the city, always hiding in narrow alleys and shadows. Everything worked perfectly fine, they didn't see or hear anyone and reached their goal faster than they thought they would. "Okay", Mingi said, "I think we should try to find some backpacks first." Yunho nodded and began to think where they could find some. "Ah, I think the camping store isn't too far away from here", he then said and began to walk towards the mall. "Stop",  Mingi whispered and pulled on Yunhos sleeve, "This is way too dangerous! Let's try to find another entrance. I don't want anyone to see us. You never know, maybe someone is watching us right now." Yunho nodded at him and came back into the shadow where Mingi was standing. After that they walked to the back of the mall, always hiding in the shadows of nearby houses or at least what was left of them. It felt like hours passed until they finally found another entrance. It took them some time to open the door as quiet as possible, but when they were finally inside they both let out a deep sigh and sat down for a second.

______

It'll become more interesting soon, I swear. 😅
I hope you liked it uwu, if you did feel free to vote and comment!! 🤗

Mae~