Chapter 2

Yunho Focus
______________

It felt like years passed when he finally opened his eyes again. At first his view was blurry, but after some time it got better and he finally realised where he was. Yunho slowly looked around in the small, completely destroyed basement. With his elbows he pushed his upper body up, but as a sudden pain rushed through his left leg up to his waist he fell back to the ground again, which caused the pain to become even worse. Yunho groaned and looked around again. Everything was destroyed, not a single brick was where it was supposed to be. Big parts of the ceiling fell down and had landed on the shelves and.. 'Big parts of the ceining fell down', he repeated in his head and then suddenly his eyes widened as he realised what caused the pain in his leg. Once again he tried to sit up and this time it actually worked. What he was looking at was more than concerning. His left leg just disappeared under what felt like a ton of bricks. He tried to grab a few of them and put the ones he got to the side, where slownly a little mountain was forming.
During that time the adrenaline helped him to cope with the pain in his leg. While he was putting away the bricks he didn't even feel it most of the time, but towards the end it became really hard to concentrate on what he was doing.
But after what felt like days his leg was finally free. When Yunho looked at it, it was swollen and bloody. 'How am I supposed to walk with this?', he asked himself while he was trying to stand up which was really exhausting. He was looking around, searching for something he could hold on to while looking for the stairs. Since everything was destroyed nothing really looked familiar, nothing looked like the basement he used to play hide and seek in. His eyes were tearing up thinking about all the good memories, but he just said himself that it was because of the dust that was in the air, which actually made it really hard to breathe. He slowly started to panic and looked around in the room, trying to find a point that could tell him in which direction the stairs should be. After some time he saw something that must have been the lamp that used to be next to the stairs. He started to limp towards it. Every single step caused his leg to hurt, but he was determined to reach it, he just wanted to get out of the basement. He reached the lamp and saw the stairs, they seemed stable enough to walk on and Yunho felt like he could see some light at the other end. He slowly put his right foot on the first step and tried to keep his left leg as straight as possible. It took him almost an hour to reach the top, but after putting away some more bricks he was free. He was standing in the middle of a ruin. The ruin of the house he used to life in. He knew that from now on nothing would ever be the same anymore.