Chapter 22

While Mingi was sitting in his room he was thinking about the last night and the way he felt next to Yunho, kind of safe. At the beginning of his journey he didn't even expect that he would find any friends and if he was honest, he didn't even want any, but now he was here, with a small group of people he found on the street. Even until now he didn't even know how to feel about it, but he slowly began to like the idea of travelling in a group, it was way more fun and not as lonely and dangerous even tho they were louder than a single person would be.

However, he still didn't know what to think about San and Wooyoung. Even though he liked them and wanted to help Wooyoung, something seemed off about them, but he didn't know if it was just him being paranoid or the fact that he still didn't know too much about them and especially San. Did he really tell them everything he knew about the incident?

At some point Mingi felt like he was overthinking. 'Well in the end', he thought, 'we all just want the same.' He was right about that, but he was the one who wanted to find the Aspiration. He realized that he still didn't have any idea where it could be and if it actually existed, which he just hoped. He also didn't know if he should tell the others. He wasn't sure if they would accept his plans.

Mingi didn't know for how long he had been sitting in his room, when someone nocked on the door. "Yes?", Mingi said and looked over to see who it was. "Uhm, we decided to eat dinner now. Wanna join us?", Yunho said with a slight smile, looking at Mingi expectingly. "Yeah, sure", Mingi replyed and got up. He followed Yunho to the living room where everybody else was sitting. All of them greeted Mingi who now sat down between Yunho and Jongho.

During their meal San and Wooyoung talked about the way they got to know each other and how they became a couple. (Let me know if I should write a spin off as soon as I finished this ff)
Jongho listend to them, smiling really bright when they finished their story. "That's so cute!!", he said and continued to eat.

"So how did you guys meet?", San then asked the others. "The story isn't as interesting as yours", Mingi began, shrugging, " I found Yunho when he wad unconcious and later on I found Jongho in a market." San nodded and looked at Wooyoung, "And that's where you met them, right?", he asked. "Yes. That was also the day when I told them that I wanted to look for you." "I knew that I could rely on you!!", San said, leaning forward to kiss the others lips, who closed his eyes, as soon as they touched. "I'm so glad I have you by my side again", Wooyoung said as soon as San pulled back.

When the two started eating again Mingi cleared his throat and looked at the othets who where kind of confused. "So, I want to tell you something", Mingi began, not knowing where to look, "At the beginning of my journey I didn't plan on travelling in a group. I thought it would be best to go alone since I wouldn't be as loud as a group. I just wanted to follow my plan." "A.. plan?", Yunho asked. "Yes, a plan. And that plan is the reason why I told you all of this. I think, I should share it, so we can decide if we'll keep following my plan."

When Mingi saw that the others nodded he continued: "When I was still in the shelter I heard two guys speaking about a place called the Aspiration. It's supposed to be a place where everybody can live in peace. A place where you don't have to worry about being killed at night. I obviously don't know if it's true or if this place actually exists, but I want to look for it", he made a small break, "And if it really exists I want to find it with you guys!"

When he finished talking he looked around again, looking at confused faces. But after some time they began to nod and one after another said: "Okay! Let's find the Aspiration!" When Yunho wanted to say it as well, a loud bang on the front door interrupted him.
____

I'm sorry for not uploading a chapter on Monday, but I just didn't manage to write one 😞
But I hope you like this one!! If yes, feel free to comment and vote! 🥰❤

Mae~