Chapter 18

The rest of the night was really quiet. All of them were extremly exhausted after the long walk. To most of them the night was way too short - except for Jongho, who seemed to be as energetic as always. The others where still wondering how he was even able to stay that positive.

As soon as everyone was awake they ate something, packed up their stuff and sat down to talk about the next steps.

"Okay, so", Mingi began, rubbing his eyes to get rid of the tiredness, "I thought about the bracelet and I think it might work. If not we'll have to find another way." Everybody else nodded in response and Wooyoung got up to go over to Shiber who was resting his head on his paws looking into the distance. When he saw that Wooyoung was coming towards him he got up and wiggled with his tail. Wooyoung had to smile when he saw Shiber like that.

Wooyoung used to visit San almost everyday which was the reason why Shiber knew him very well and trusted him. They got to know each other when Shiber was just a little puppy so he technically grew up with Wooyoung.

He took off his bracelet after hesitating for a second and held it in front of Shiber who seemed to be a bit confused for a second, but he then looked like he understood and seconds later he started to bark and jump around nervously. "I think it worked!!", Wooyoung said to the others, turning around with an euphoric smile. "Let's get going then.", Yunho replied and waved signalising the others to follow him.

Shiber was walking in front of them. He seemed like he exactly knew where he was going and got faster and faster until the point where Wooyoung had to stop him. He began to praise Shiber and petted his head while looking around, searching for a sign that San might be really close. The others were standing next to him and did the same.

It was when they realized that they were standing in the middle of a road when they heard loud voices way too close to then. "Shit", Mingi said and pointed at a house that looked almost untouched, "let's go over there." As soon as they closed the door behind Jongho they saw a group of people coming out of the road across from their house. They were dressed in dark greens and browns and carried weapons. Mingi felt Yunho shaking next to him and touched his hand lightly to let him know that he wasn't alone. Yunho looked at him and forced himself to smile.

"Oh my god", Wooyoung whispered and pointed at the group of people that where now standing on the road which they were standing on seconds before. Wooyoung didn't have to explain what he meant, because now all of them were able to see that something was off. One of the persons was wearing a bag over his head and had his arms tied onto his back. "Is that..", Yunho began and Wooyoung just nodded.

Wooyoung was shocked to see San like that, but what was even worse was that he didn't know what to do. It was hard to just stand there and watch, but he also knew that they wouldn't be able to win considering that they didn't have any weapons. He knew that the others where thinking as well, but he also knew that they probably would come to the same solution.

But as if Shiber felt that they had no idea what to do he started to bark and jumped through the splinted glass of a window that was close to them. "No!", Wooyoung screamed and stumbled out of the door not knowing what exactly he was doing.

He followed Shiber who almost reached the group and most importantly, San. Now that Wooyoung was already outside he decided that he could at least try to help San. He heard the others behind him that seemed to follow him which would've made him smile if it was in a less dangerous situation.

The other group obviously noticed the dog and especially the young men that were running towards them. They grabbed their weapons and were ready to kill whoever might get too close to them.

"Stop!", one of them yelled, " One step closer and I'll kill him", he pointed at San. "No don't!", Wooyoung screamed. San, still having the bag over his head turned his head toward the source of the voice. "W-wooyoung?!", he said almost too quiet to understand.

_________

Aaaaand the next chapter~ 💕
Hope you like it!! (Sorry if there are any mistakes, the chapter wasn't beta read)
Feel free to vote and like~ 😇

Mae~