Twenty Two

The next day, Chris wasn't allowed to leave the hospital for reasons, so he stayed there and he was absent from school. Everyone kept talking about the incident where they saw their classmate bruised and beaten up on the ground and left there like a stray dog. Wesker missed his presence throughout the whole day.

And during Math class while they were discussing a topic, the professor wondered where Chris was, since he always knew the Redfield was never absent from school since Chris loved school.

" You haven't seen what happened to Chris on the news? " Logan asked the professor, dumbfounded and surprised. The man shrugged and shook his head for an answer. They explained about what had happened, as his face slowly turned into a horrified one after some time of telling him. After that, they just continued on with the lecture and eventually moved on to the next class.

Albert Wesker sat still on his seat, quiet as a ghost while his other friends conversed with one another. He still couldn't wrap his head around who could've done something so horrible to Chris like that. He was lost in his thoughts until someone named William Birkin snapped him out of his trance as his blue eyes gazed deeply into his crimson red ones.

" What is it? " Wesker asked, raising an eyebrow. William rolled his eyes, just like his everyday habit, and looked at him again.

" I know you're worried about Chris, but he's going to be fine. " He stated bluntly.

" Yea, you need to calm down for a second... " added Arturo from behind with a concerned tone in his voice. Being blinded by worry and paranoia, Wesker angrily stood up from his seat and glared at the two boys, taking a step back from him for cautionary measures.

" YOU EXPECT ME TO CALM DOWN AFTER THIS HAPPENED TO HIM?!! " Wesker half shrieked and whispered, not raising his voice to avoid weird looks from his peers. They were left speechless for a moment before William took a brave step forward and put a hand on his shoulder, and gently pat it.

" Didn't you remember? He's found and at the hospital, which means he's okay already. " He told him. Albert sighed and looked at his best friend before sitting back down on his chair as the next lesson, and the lesson after that, and all the lessons they had rolled around the day until it was now time for them to head home.

But Albert didn't go home yet, because after he got on his black limousine, he texted his father and told his driver to bring him to the hospital that Chris was confined in because he was TOO concerned about him. He approached the front desk and asked her to see Chris Redfield. She in turn, told him the room number and floor.

And off he went to see his future lover who was still confined in a hospital bed after 'something' or 'someone' assaulted him while he was making his way home from school. He sat down on a chair right next to Chris and eyed him, before Chris saw him and gave him a little wave that he acknowledged his presence.

" You good there? " Albert asked. Chris looked away for moment before nodding slowly for an answer. Wesker sighed slowly and Chris sensed a feeling of sadness just by eyeing the look on the platinum blonde's face. He reached an arm out and cupped his cheek to comfort him.

" Hey, don't feel gloomy. I'm going to be okay. " Chris reassured. Albert stated deeply into Redfield's chocolate brown coloured eyes for a moment and slowly..... They were going to lean in for a kiss when suddenly....

" Okay your visiting hours are up! " One of the nurses announced, causing Wesker and Redfield to jump in surprise. Wesker dusted himself up and waved goodbye before heading out and heading home for dinner. When he got back to his mansion, he saw his father in the dinner table eating salmon fillet and mashed potatoes.

He didn't seem to notice him because he was lost in thought, so Wesker decided to go up into his room to refresh himself from his whole day outside and at school. Then he headed downstairs to join his father for dinner. He sat down on a chair and started to eat.

" Oh hello Albert, I didn't see you there. " His father greeted him, seemingly snapping out of his thoughts.

" Hello father. How was your day today? " Albert asked him, as he took a spoonful of mashed potatoes and ate it with his mouth while listening to his father going on and on about his activities while he was at school.

" And how was your time with Chris? " His father asked him, curious.

" It was a very pleasant experience I had. " Albert replied dreamily, reminiscing about it. They chattered all night long until it was nine in the evening, and it was now time for his slumber.

Sorry if this one was VERY SHORT