Chapter 11: Meant to be yours

Lance's POV

Keith was finally awake. I was so glad to see him okay. He started talking and his face was pale. He was probably just as freaked out as I was. He had also asked me if I wanted him to answer my question now. It took me a minute to remember what question it was. Then I remembered. I had asked him who the person was that attacked him and why. He had told me before he passed out that it was his dad. That was the big shocker. The thing that I didn't get was why.

I gulped and looked into his eyes that were glazed over but still seemed to be focusing on me.

"You already told me who... I just... I want to know why...."

I started twiddling my thumbs together and Keith seemed to be in a state of shock. His eyes were wide and his mouth started to hand open. That's what put me in a state of shock.

I held up my hands in defense. "Y-you don't have to if you don't have to... I mean I know it's a touchy subject it's just that i'm worried about you and I don't want you to get hurt and I-"

I was cut off as Keith started laughing. This confused me because I think it was the first time I ever heard Keith laugh or show any happy emotion of any sort.

"You ramble a lot. It's okay. I trust you. I think... you might be the first person I tell."
————————————————————————

Keith's POV

For once in my life, I might actually be able to trust someone with my secret. I only ever knew one person who knew it and that was Shiro. My big brother. I missed him. I just wished he would come back. At the same time, I wish he didn't. Him and dad, after he found out what dad's been doing to me, pretty much hate each other.

I don't think that Shiro could stand to be in the same room with him and I think that my dad felt the same. Shiro was currently missing though. He had gone to college and went to the Garrison to become a part of the big world. That's what he described it as anyway. He was the nicest person you could ever meet if you got to know him. He could be a hard ass sometimes. When he went on the Kerberos mission, he went mission along with the other people on board. That day, I was broken. More broken than I had been. Dad became more drunk that day and he had more fun that day with me. It was hard for that whole week.

Anyway, I don't know how to start off with my story. It technically started when mom died. So I should probably tell him about that. No matter how much it hurt. My therapist, since the school insisted that my dad pay for one which got me two days of torture, told me that talking about my problems would help. Here goes nothing.

"It all started when I was about 6. I came home and found my mom dead. It was my birthday and my dad had stabbed her making it look like an accident. I can never get the image out of my head now."

He looked over and saw how shocked Lances face was. He never had to deal with anything like my life. I feel bad burdening him with it but he wanted to know and it was best to tell him.

"My dad was drunk and already hated me so it just got worse from there. My mom tried her best to protect me from him before she died mostly succeeding with her getting beat up instead of me. A few years pass to when I was about 9. Dad wasn't bad. He would come home drunk but he wouldn't really do much. He would shout in my face and leave bruises on my arms because of him dragging me out the door or because of him dragging me upstairs. I was old enough then to understand what was really happening."