Chapter 20: Rally the Troops

Lance's POV

I knew that I needed to do something. I wasn't going to stop looking for him. I loved him too much. I can't lose the one thing in my life that makes me happy. I walked down the streets with my eyes red and puffy. Dried tear stains were on my cheeks and I could care less as to who even saw me. I could hear how heavy my footsteps were against the concrete. There was one thing I knew for certain. I couldn't do this alone. 

Time to form a legendary team. 

I knew that the house that was the closest was Hunk's house and I knew that he would be at my side. He has been my best friend since preschool where he started to make mud pies. I had approached him and he offered me a paper mache worm that he said tasted like chocolate. Oddly enough, it sort of did. That was how our friendship came to a friendship that would last forever. 

I walked up to the house that I was all too familiar with and knocked on the door. Hunk's parents work at the local restaurant that they own pretty much the entire time. They put a lot into the restaurant and everyone respected them for it. Hunk had later answered the door. 

"Hello? Lance! I feel like it has been fore- What happened to your face!? Is everything okay? Did something happen?" 

I only gave him a smile. He was always so worried about me. I could never comprehend exactly why. That was one of the reasons why everyone got along so well with Hunk. You could just connect with him even if you really didn't know anything about him. 

"It isn't me that we need to worry about."

"What is that supposed to mean? You know what, get in the house and I can make some cookies. Hopefully brighten the mood." 

I nodded and walked in while Hunk made his way to the kitchen to prepare the cookies. I shut the door behind us and smiled at the sight of the warm-welcoming home. You never really get used to it. It always give you that feeling that makes you happy. No matter the situation. Granted, I still did have that feeling but it wasn't as extreme. I needed to be focused. 

I walked into the kitchen and sat at one of the bar stools that was near the counter of the kitchen. 

"Listen Hunk, do you remember the guy that I was telling you about. The one that would always beat him up in the hallways?" 

"Yeah! He was a real jerk to everybody. I think his name was Lotor or something. I had seen him around the hallways but he was always attached to Keith. Why? Did he.." 

"Hunk. He took Keith." 

Hunk had dropped everything that was in his hands which included a bowl with flour and eggs in it. Thankfully, it didn't land on the floor but it landed on the counter top causing a mess to be made due to what came out of the edges of the bowl. 

"Took him? Like...kidnap him! Remind me, aren't we in high school? HIGH SCHOOL!?" 

I held up my hands to get him to calm down. What he said was right though. All of this was happening while they were only teenagers. 

"I get it. It is hard to wrap your head around. We just need to save him. We need to get all of the reinforcements that we can get. I can't lose him Hunk. He is my boyfriend. The love of my life. Lotor was the one that took that away from me."

Hunk had leaned over the counter and placed a hand on my shoulder. I jerked slightly but relaxed as I realized exactly who it was that touched me. I looked up at him as he gave me a smile. 

"Your my best friend to the end Lance. We will find Keith. If we have to, we will even feed Lotor the worst food he will ever taste as revenge." 

This made me chuckle. How could I not have chuckled at that? Hunk was never a violent person but he would protect his friends and damage his enemy's anyway he could. 

"Hunk, thank you. I really appreciate this." 

I enveloped him into a hug and smiled as he returned the hug. He was always a stickler for hugs. 

"Who else is going to be joining us by the way?"

"I'm going to get Pidge and we can see if Matt will join us as well." 

"Sounds like a plan. As long as most of us are able to find him. It isn't like we can just go to the police. We aren't investigators." 

"I know that Hunk. It will be okay. Everything will be okay. I have to believe that. I need to believe that. For Keith's sake." 

We had pulled away from the hug. Hunk smiled but then had a look of concern. 

"Wait! Should I finish making my cookies or go get Pidge? Or should I make the cookies and bring them to Pidge's with us? OR I can wait and we can get Pidge and Matt and then we can come back here and make the cookies. Maybe, I could even...." 

"Hunk." 

This caused Hunk to realize that he was rambling. I was used to it so it was common for me to remind him that he was rambling. 

"Hunk, you can make your cookies after we get Pidge and Matt on board." 

Hunk nodded and started to clean up his mess. It didn't take him long and put away the ingredients that needed to be refrigerated. 

"Now, should we go pay a visit to Pidge?" 

~Time Skip~ 

Me and Hunk had both arrived at Pidge's house. Granted, I didn't know her all that well but he knew they wouldn't be able to do anything else. I hesitantly knocked on the door in front of me with Hunk standing on the sidewalk that was in front of the house. 

"Lance? What are you doing here?" 

I didn't even think she knew that I existed. Well, maybe Keith told her all about me. I am hard to keep out of everyone's mouths now a days. 

"We need your help." 

"What? Why? Where is..." 

I gave her a sorrowful look that resulted in her getting the picture. She was always smart and was able to put the pieces together easily. 

"That damn bastard!" 

Pidge threw on her shoes that were near the door and shut it behind her. 

"Where are we going first?" 

I rubbed the back of my neck and let out a small chuckle. 

"We were actually wondering if you could convince Matt to help us." 

Pidge only smiled. 

"I might have someone better in mind." 

Me and Hunk just stared back at each other with confused looks on our faces. Who else could possibly help us?