Chapter 16: More than Survive

Lances POV

I sat in my room with my hands placed behind my head. I stared up at the ceiling still contemplating on what happened between me and Keith. I frowned at the thought. I really did love him. I had figured that out a while ago. I had decided to take my chance when he was asleep starting off by just confessing my feelings. The normal gist of it all.

"I know I may seem like a really confident person. A really outgoing person. It's pretty much all an act. It's like I can be my true self around you. We haven't had much of a real conversation. Hell we barley even now each other but when I first saw you, I then knew that you were the one for me. The way that you acted, the way that you smiled, your personality. I can't hide my feelings anymore. Keith... I love you."

I didn't even notice him open his eyes as I had my own closed pressing his lips against mine. It was soft and he didn't respond with anything. I had felt his lips part slightly but as I pulled away, I noticed his eyes open and I noticed as I had opened my own. His face was not the only one in a state of shock. I started to tear up and I didn't think as I had run out of the room.

I groaned as I got up from my bed. I stared at my alarm clock with it reading 5:00 a.m. I sighed as I started getting ready for school. I had been absent for a while due to recent events which meant I had many assignments to make up. It's not like I did bad in school but it's not like I did good either. I had ignored all of Allura's calls and texts and my mother would always tell me that she was at the door but I told her that I either didn't feel good or I was busy with something.

I had gotten dressed and brushed my teeth deciding that skipping breakfast would be good for today. I haven't eaten much at all since all of the incidents. Every time I tried, it was like my stomach would immediately reject it. I took my time walking to the bus stop. My normal outfits are usually exaggerated or just me wanting to be comfortable. Today, it was a black hoodie with bleach stained ripped jeans and a pair of white vans. I had flipped the hood up over my head and put in my headphones listening to Make Out Monday. 

Once I boarded the bus, I had gotten a lot of stares due to me not saying "Hello" to the bus driver and for me not even sitting with my usual popular friends. I sat in the very back of the bus since it wasn't even that filled. The bus never picked up that many kids. There were very few of us. I stared out the window the whole entire time watching the buildings and trees pass by. I hid my face with my hood and nobody decided to even talk to me.

I had gotten off the bus and shoved my hands in my pockets heading into the school. I had about ten minutes until I started my classes so I decided to sit near my locker. I took my phone out and paused my music for a minute. I decided to start cleaning out my phone starting with people I didn't talk to anymore or people's numbers that I had gotten for only a simple reason. I started scrolling through and deleting people starting with Allura. That was something else I knew I would have to deal with today. It is not going to be fun.

I suddenly stopped as my finger hovered over the contact labeled "Keithy Boi" I held my breath for a quick second and then just shut my phone off. I heard the bell ring and stood up before I heard my name shouted down the hallway. I looked and saw Allura with her face fuming, hands clenched into fists. I gulped and watched as everyone went into their classrooms ignoring what was happening.

She grabbed my collar and slammed me against the lockers. Her eyes were flaming as her teeth clenched and a growl escaped her mouth. Everyone was out of the hallway and the teachers had already started teaching lessons.

"What the hell is wrong with you! You have no idea how much I have been contacting you and you just decide to ignore me! Do you even care about me anymore?! Did you ever really love me?"

I just stared at her as she was kept ranting. I really needed to get her off my back but I knew as soon as I break up with her, all of my "friends" and everyone else will hate me for it. They would spread the news around like wildfire and since Allura was one of the most popular girls in school, other than Romelle, there is no doubt that the bullying would start. Before I knew it, I started to say things.

"I'm breaking up with you Allura. I don't love you."

I flinched after every punch that was thrown at my body. Allura may look like a weak and innocent person, but she goes to the gym everyday and lifts a shit ton. I think it was at least like 120 or 130 pounds the last I checked. Her left hook connected with my cheek causing my cheek to flair up in pain and it caused me to fall to the ground. I felt multiple kicks to my abdomen and I tried to lift my hands toward my face to protect myself but she held one of my arms down pressing the heel of she shoe into the back of my hand. I seethed in pain and held in whimpers and screams.

I finally felt it stop as the bell for next class rang. I didn't think it was that quick. I didn't care as I noticed Allura gone. Nobody seemed to care that I was on the ground or if I was hurt. That's how this school was. I just got up the best I could relying on the lockers to support my weight as I trailed the halls. I made it to the bathroom and swung the door open, locking it behind me. I held the edge of the sink shakily and stared at myself in the mirror.

A large lump was on my cheek and I was pretty sure that my stomach had multiple bruises but i barley had the strength to lift my arms anymore that I have already. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the time. We weren't even halfway through the school day yet so I just decided to skip school today. I walked right out the doors with nobody stopping me and I walked, no, limped down the sidewalk. I didn't know where I was going. I couldn't go home since my dad would most likely be home and if they knew that I was skipping school right now, they wouldn't exactly be happy with me.

I walked toward Hunk's house but then remembered he was in school. I face palmed myself in my head and just walked toward Keith's house. He wouldn't want to see me. I knew that. As I was on my way walking there, I noticed a door open in the distance. I got paranoid and started to freak out. I hid behind a corner and just walked two figures walk out of the door. I watched curiously as an all too familiar face was walking with a mysterious one. My eyes widened and I swore that I heard my heart break.

The mysterious figure and just leaned down and kissed Keith on the forehead before I watched Keith walk away. I stayed where I was staring at the spot where he stood. I felt warmth flood down my face. I didn't know what to do.