Arena Reveal

So, the final location in IHG history. What'll it be?

As many will know, I use real life places so my books are (somewhat) grounded in reality. I also like it more that way.

IHG1: Tulsa: Oklahoma, United States
IHG2: Tunquén: Valparaiso, Chile
IHG3: Stevens Bay, Stoney Portage: Ontario, Canada.
IHG4: Cozumel: Quintana Roo, Mexico
IHG5: Deal Island: Tasmania, Austrailia

This time, we travel to a new continent, and a really cool arena.

Welcome to Reine: Nordland, Norway.

Reine is the administrative centre of Moskenes Municipality in Nordland county, Norway. The fishing village is located on the island of Moskenesøya in the Lofoten archipelago, above the Arctic Circle, about 300 kilometres southwest of the town of Tromsø -Wikipedia

This arena will challenge every tribute, but reward many different skill sets. Some unique conditions:

-Fish are the most abundant food resource. If your tribute excels at fishing, they will have no problem finding food. Be careful not to find a fish that bites back.

-Temperature varies greatly. Keep in mind this arena is Capitol controlled, still. During some nights, the temperature will plummet. Tributes will need shelter.

-Bottlenecks are everywhere on the arena, if you plan to travel on land. Scout them out and make sure they're clear before crossing the numerous bridges.

-Swimming skills will come in handy. There's lots of water, and getting through it is a huge part of avoiding bottlenecks. If you put swimming as a weakness, thinking it wouldn't be much - oh no. It's a big deal.

It'll be pretty interesting. Let's get to the locations.

FOUR AREAS

FOUR AREAS

REINEBRINGEN
The southern area in the arena. A mountainous and steep peninsula, this is a hell of a hike with a great vantage point over the entire arena. Has two points of interest.
REINE
The most resource abundant area in the arena. The city is on a small, bottlenecked peninsula. North of it is an island with the Cornucopia. 4 points of interest.
HAMNØY
A Cluster of islands connected by small bridges. Urban, and very easily bottlenecked. One point of interest, and one of the best defense positions in the arena on the southern peninsula.
NORDLAND
Northern end of arena, bordering Hamnøy. Mountainous and steep like Reinebringen, with less traffic and more survival oriented. It has a [D̵̛̫͗A̶̤̻̠̿̆̇T̴̡͓͍̾͑A̷̘̟̽ ̸̢̜́͌͛ͅĘ̷̳̕X̷̜͇̏́̌P̶̢̠̾̆U̷̺͑̋̄N̵͙͘G̷͇̣͒͗E̴̡͚͆̂͒D̸̹̋]. 2 Points of interest.

Since this is the Finale, I've made five of the eight points of interest what I call Heritage Locations. One for each previous book in the series, they replicate a previous point of interest in a previous story.

POINTS OF INTEREST

CORNUCOPIA (Reine)
The starting location of each tribute. Most supplies and weapons in the game. Situated on the north peninsula of Reine. Great place to control traffic from Hamnøy and Reinebringen. Bad shelter.
LAUNCH STATION (Reinebringen) (IHG2)
Fresh from IHG 2, this location is a launch site for air strikes called in by the air strike launcher. The missiles come from here. It will affect travel time depending on where the target is in the Arena.
CHALET (Reinebringen) (IHG5)
A modified version of the Mansion from IHG5, this Chalet is a bit smaller and doesn't have a ticking time bomb underneath. Has great protection from the elements, but little resources.
MARINA (Reine)
This arena includes numerous Boats as transportation, like IHG 3. This is where you can find the best ones.
WAREHOUSES (Reine) (IHG1)
Back from the first IHG. These smaller warehouses have lots of shelter and size, but little resources.
SHIPWRECK (Reine) (IHG4)
On a secluded island lies the shipwreck from the fourth book. Good defensive position with some supplies, but little shelter from the elements and hard to access without a hard freeze.
CAMPGROUNDS (Hamnøy) (IHG3)
The lodge on the Cornucopia island in IHG3 makes a return on the middle island of Hamnøy. Great defensive position, can easily control land traffic coming from Reine and Nordland. Good supplies and shelter, but little weapons.
VIKING FORTRESS (Nordland)
A great defensive position, with LOADS of weapons. Not many supplies, and very secluded.
[D̵̛̫͗A̶̤̻̠̿̆̇T̴̡͓͍̾͑A̷̘̟̽ ̸̢̜́͌͛ͅĘ̷̳̕X̷̜͇̏́̌P̶̢̠̾̆U̷̺͑̋̄N̵͙͘G̷͇̣͒͗E̴̡͚͆̂͒D̸̹̋] (Nordland)
[REDACTED]

That's about it. Oh, did I mention it would be cold?
Very Cold.

View from Reinebringen onto the rest of the arena ^ (This is the prettiest location for an IHG arena, hands down

View from Reinebringen onto the rest of the arena ^ (This is the prettiest location for an IHG arena, hands down. Look up pictures on google. You won't be disappointed.)

Oh yeah, I hope your character is good with cold, because it'll get cold.