The Training, Day One

This chapter will have some questions, but many, shorter POVS. That way, I can kill more people off in Bloodbath since they have more time in the spotlight.

- S U P E R I A - S T U T E N G A R D -

The wind blows across my face as I stand on the Stoney shore of Pactola Lake. I stand there, seeing my father leading mother into our log cabin. I hadn't seen mother in years.

"ojciec!" I cry out, noticing that I held my axe In my right hand. I sprint down the beach, running for them. The community was.. emptier than usual. It looked like a ghost town. No one was outside partying, or swatting mosquitoes away. I make it to the house, seeing dad hold mom steadily as they walk through.

"There." Dad Points, showing mom.. my room.

"That's where she used to live." He continues, and my face comforts into confusion. Used?

"Hello?" I ask, but he ignored me. So does mother. They never did that.

Then, I hear the sound of planes overhead. I run and look through a window, seeing explosions coming quickly toward the house.

"MATKA!" I scream, jolting uptight in bed. It all slowly comes back to me as I realize I'm in my bedroom at the Training Center. I hear the door handle frantically shake as I piece together the dream. I was... like a ghost. Bombs.

"Superia?" I hear the mentor ask from the other side.

"I-I am Okay!" I say, sweating in my bed. It was getting uncomfortable. "Just a foolish dream, that is all."

"Okay, well you gotta leave for training in 30 minutes. Come get some breakfast.

"Will do." I answer, sitting up and thinking about what I saw. It was the fate of my town after I died, I realize. They would bomb it anyway.

All the more reason for me to get out alive.

- M E R R Y N - P R I C E -

"The... Not-Careers?" Raymond says, spinning 180° and taking off a training dummy's head like butter. "You want to change it.. why?"

"Because it'll be funny, of course." Simon replies, laughing a bit.

     "The name is pure bullshit." I say, setting up a dummy with a sword and shield. I use my dual blades sword to knock the sword out, then the shield, and then back to back stabs in the leg and chest, all within a couple seconds. It's why I loved the weapon so much - it can be so quick if wielded effectively.

     "Aww, don't be so harsh." Lucy pipes up. "It's not like we'd be fooling anyone." She replies, with a eye roll to top it off. I try to make people not like me, but she just does it naturally. Maybe I should ask for some tips.

     "I.. like your suggestion, Simon. But, I'm not on board." Roman says, in his polite tone and etiquette. Ray and Roman both carried themselves like kings, even though Roman would belong more as a PR Director than a Hunger Games Champion.

     I could see why he is here, though. He's.. like me. Avenging someone who was close to him. I'm just glad no one here had the name of the sister I was going to avenge. I mean.. poor luck, Roman. Tough luck.