Night Three: Ensom Ulv

- Z U L I - T A N G -

     "Sorry, Sash," I mutter, sitting in our room of the Chalet. It was a sort of lounge on the eastern side, right by an entrance. It was better than the totally open bar right next to us, since we could at least close the door to the Terrific Trio's area.

But, unfortunately our living arrangement wouldn't last forever. To say it gave me a constant feeling of dread is an understatement. After all, we were outnumbered and outgunned. There was only one solution I saw, and it wasn't easy to make. My survival, however, came first.

I had to make the hard decisions, after all. I'd seen what Sasha did to Flax - and, as much as I hated Flax, Sasha could easily do the same to me. I had to make the first move.

He was sound asleep. I quietly stand up, tiptoeing to the supplies that we had. Supplies for two would surely prove sufficient for one. I take the water and what little food we had, and set it into my bag quietly. Luckily, I was stealthy enough to put this off.

I button up my pack, and quietly sling it over my shoulder. Now, if I left like this, I'd be defenseless. It left me with a choice that was pretty easy to make. I grab Sasha's Kukri, holding it tightly and checking once more that he was asleep.

Thoughts flash into my mind of two ways I could play this. I could leave with this, or kill him now, in his sleep. It would be so easy.. but I didn't need to. I'd overheard enough of the Terrific Trip while searching the trophy room and kitchen - they struck tonight. I hadn't told Sasha so he would sleep good tonight.

So, I make sure my bag is secure, and tiptoe to the door that led outside. It wasn't too cold, thankfully, so this nightly trek shouldn't be too hard. I finally exit, slowly closing the door and walking away. I take one last look at the Chalet, orienting myself with the map I knew from training. If I headed down to the seaside route, I could head right and eventually make it to the Launch Station. No one would expect someone there, and it provided cover. We had learned that cover was necessary.

Was this selfish? Absolutely.. but it was what needed to happen. Sasha could fare on his own, if an alliance didn't squash that chance first.

- R A E G A N - S P A R K S -

     The moon was bright tonight, accompanied by many, many stars. It was mystifying to look at, and I wondered if I could be hypnotized by it. After all, it certainly captured my attention.

     I grab my nearly empty pack, and walk outside of my building. It was a chilly night, but not bad enough to warrant me staying. Reine was the biggest place with the most supplies. If I needed supplies, it sounds like a good place to go. The trek could be dangerous, but hey. I didn't have much choice here.

     I was armed with one piece of equipment, however. Someone had sponsored me with an PDG, which was basically a special glove that could flash or concuss. My sponsors really pulled through on this one. For it, I'm grateful.

I skip across the bridge system, growing quieter with every step. The closer I got to that cornucopia, the worse I felt. I didn't know just yet if it was my memories of Ava's demise, or if it was the simple fact that the Careers were here. I mean, both are good reasons, and they're probably compounded, knowing me.

I'd have to get over it, though. I couldn't dwell on it, or I'd certainly die.

I finally cross the bridge that marks my official entry into Reine. The cornucopia island was part of it, and that meant I was on the northeastern shore of that island. The Cornucopia was not far at all, and I could even hear the voices of.. I think that's Simon. It sent shivers down my spine, knowing he was awake. Logically, someone else would be up with him, since he was talking.