Day Three: Cold Feet

- R A E G A N - S P A R K S -

     I open my eyes in my fishing shop , and it was the first time I'm thankful for being alive. Nightmares had got me twice last night. That dreadful image of Lucy's open throat was pasted in my mind, and would be forever.

     But.. why would he kill her? Weren't they teammates?

     I stand up, looking over my supplies. The single fish I'd got yesterday had been abandoned back in Hamnøy when I had to hide. Another food-less night. Then again, I had some experience in that arena.

     Although, the water problem was much more prevalent. My head was beginning to hurt as my water was gone. I definitely needed some quickly, but I wasn't sure how I would get it. I needed a lighter to do it, since I wasn't exactly a survivalist. I could've had a lot more fish if I'd known how to use a fishing rod properly.

     I'm only twelve, though. It was reassuring to know I wasn't expected by others to know these skills, but I was and at myself for not knowing them. I couldn't hurt a fly, or be a survivalist. What in the world did I do now?

     The only chance at a lighter would be Hamnøy or the Cornucopia.. no, screw the cornucopia. Stupid idea. Hamnøy, though... it may have a lighter somewhere. After yesterday, though, I was hesitant to even leave my abode.

INTERACTIVE QUESTION:
elliehope2006 Raegan is on the verge of serious dehydration. You have a few options.
A) Sponsor her with a new, larger Canteen of Water. (1C) Good for a whole day.
B) Go to Hamnøy in search of a lighter, so you can make a fire and boil the ice/snow lingering on your building.
C) Pack up and leave your current base for Reine. Risky, but Hamnøy has really bad memories attached to it.

- D A V I D - SQUID - S P E N C E R -

"You've violates Snow's gambling code!" The peacekeeper says, with backup standing behind some Capitol Armored Vehicles. "You are hereby under arrest, Mister Spencer."

"D-dad?" I ask pitifully, looking at the situation and cowering in fear inside our car. They had intercepted dad in our driveway. "What are they talking about?"

"Silence, Junior." He says, looking back at me. "Let me handle this."

"No, no no." The peacekeeper clarifies. "We are handling it. On your knees, now!" Dad sighs loudly as five more peacekeepers move forward.

"Matt, just.. please! Do as they say!" My mom cries out to him. She was standing behind him, tearing up a storm.

"I'm not listening to these pigs!" Dad shouts, eyes wide with anger.

"On your knees, now!"

"Matt!"

"Dad!"

Dad's left hand shoots down to his side, drawing his revolver swiftly. He got one shot off. That's when fifteen shots are fired right back at him.

A Peacekeeper has been nailed in the head. My eyes go wide as he falls to the ground, and I look at mom. She had been caught up in the crossfire, with a bullet through the heart.