Day Six: The Feast

This is a longer chapter. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it.

- M E R R Y N -

- 8 Hours Earlier -

My attention is taken from my hunt by a familiar whistle in the air. I look up, confirming what I already knew. A sponsor package was dropping for me.

Huh. I guess they liked what I did with Simon? It wasn't like my other kills, that's for sure. Anna and Stewart felt like the simple business of the Hunger Games. Bailey, well, hers felt relieving, since it was avenging Miranda.

Simon's, though... it felt good. Like I was high on bloodlust, and that was my fix. Maybe I was having too much fun with this? I mean, I don't think I'm going insane. I don't think I possibly can.

The package finally lands, and I look around to make sure nobody had tried to come and take it from me. That would end badly for them. I unwrap the package,  uncovering the prize inside. It was a sheet of paper.

Not just any paper, though. It was a map of the arena, with location markers around it. One for every tribute in the arena. On the top reads:

Made with Capitol Care. Locations are based on very recent pings.

Hell yes. I search the map for the Pole, eventually seeing - interesting. She was trying to hide in the mountains, much like a hermit. Only, a bit more retarded. I take a short note of the other locations, like Roman staying by the Chalet site, and the Flares camping on the mountain slope. Then, I pack the map in my bag and begin my trek up the mountains.

You can't hide forever, Superia.

- Present Time -
- J P -

"Sir, our forces raided the house Dawn described," my assistant tells me.

"Well?" I respond. I had sent the peacekeepers an hour ago and had been dying to know about it ever since.

"They were not present," he says. "The house was empty."

My insides begin to burn with rage. "She lied, then?"

"No, sir," he continues. "We found the tech that had been left behind. They were there."

I begin to calm down again. "Good," I declare. "Take whatever leads you can find and hunt them down. I've got a feast to operate."

"Of course, sir," he replies, before walking out of the room. I turn around, now looking back at the main table of operations for the games. Only four would go? Maybe five? So be it. I'd make the less audacious of them regret their choice of not going.

"Let's do this," I command, pushing the button to drop in the feast supplies. Little did the tributes know that this feast would make or break the games.

- C E C I L I A - S N O W -

Cameron and I look on as the sun peeks above the horizon, partially hidden by the wall of ash to the north. A plane appears in the arena sky, hovering nearly above us before craning down a table full of goods.