The Final Tribute Awards

Welcome back to the after-show! I've been doing this for each book (except 2) and it won't stop here. In fact, this chapter will round up the previous book and the whole series as well. Buckle up, guys.

I'm also a bit of a spreadsheet nerd, so I've got some interesting stats of my own to share, as well as some insight on certain creative decisions.

~ IHG 6 - FINALE ~

Launching straight into the Norwegian showdown.

FAVORITE TRIBUTE: AND HIS NAME IS JONZH ENA!!
I like this pick, personally. Congrats @Shitposter-, the meme wins. The more 'memey' characters have grown on me quite a bit over time. Danny Legonda comes to mind from number 5, but Jonzh is up there. Jonzh, though, is much more viable. It hurt writing his death.

LEAST FAVORITE TRIBUTE: TIE BETWEEN LUCY O. & FLAX P.
I get why Flax is there, but not so much Lucy. She came off as a scheming faker, so I guess I see where it comes from. Oh yeah, and she wanted to date rape a tribute. Now I get it. Also, one respondent mentioned that Flax can step on a LEGO brick. Nice.

SADDEST DEATH: CECILIA SNOW, WITHOUT CONTEST.
Yup. I would've been surprised if she wasn't the pick, to be honest. I wanted to make the scene not only sad for Cecilia, but also her killer, Roman. He was so close to making it out without killing a twelve-year-old, but it just didn't work out.

BEST 1V1 FIGHT: MERRYN VS. SUPERIA
...Did anyone think it would be anything else? This was built up from Day One of Training. Of course, this would be the pick.

BEST GROUP FIGHT: NOT CAREERS VS. TERRIFIC TRIO
Closely followed by Ray and Simon vs. Squid vs. Raegan. Kind of expected as well, but I liked the runner-up choice more. Not Careers vs T.T., though, was fun to write.

MOST FEARED TRIBUTE: AHHH IT'S MERRYN PRICE!
This was closely followed by Roman. I do agree with this, though, although I definitely felt like Mari was dearly underestimated here. Merryn though, I loved to write her. Good pick.

MOST SURPRISING MOMENT: THE END
So the finale was the most surprising part of the finale. Neat. For me, I've got to say Squid killing Raymond. That changed the course of the story really crazily. The end, though... yeah. I get it.

FUNNIEST MOMENT: ZULI'S DEATH MESSAGE
Ahem, 'getting fucking blasted by a volcano' is probably one of the most spectacular ways to go. After Zuli ditched Sasha the way he did, though, sorry... but he deserved it. I applaud the unpredictability of his decision while disapproving of the action itself.

Overall, the majority of people approved of the ending and twist, and everyone approved of the arena.

Before we go, though, where did people read this book from? I love the Demographics page on the Story Statistics because of stuff like this:

The United States, my home country, averaged around 65% of readers worldwide.
The United Kingdom consistently was above 10% of readers.

Following those two were:

Ireland
Australia
Chile
The Philippines
Canada
Czechia