The Training, Night One

Past Incident Report: A recall of all the major events in the RP from last chapter

- Lucy and Merryn stole Mateo's token, broke Mateo and Superia apart
- Merryn fought Superia to a heated stalemate
- Mateo and Superia came back together
- Raymond helped Alexander learn the machete
- Cameron mildly bullied Jonzh
- Careers targeting Fantastic Four
- Lucy threatened Cecilia
- Most Tributes practiced with their weaponry
- Cecilia and Cameron grew closer
- Lucy and Merryn continued to scheme

- R O M A N - A R M S T R O N G -

I knock on the District 2 Door, and a mentor I recognized from many games ago opens. Nich had warned me against coming here, but I felt I had to. "Could I talk to Merryn?" I ask him.

"Of course." The mentor says, and I walk in. I spot Simon watching a tape of the 102nd Games, and Merryn on the balcony, through the glass wall. "She isn't very.. happy right now."

"Yeah." I say, walking past Simon. He was watching one of the best fights, the battle of the Careers vs. Kable. Quite frankly, I'm glad I didn't have one of those guys in the games. I open the door, walking out.

The night sky didn't help to illuminate Merryn, but the moon sure did. A small welt was visible on her forehead from her fight with Superia, but other than that and a few bandaids, she was mostly normal. The Medical room gave both her and Superia fluids which helped accelerate healing.

"You're early." She says, beckoning to the chair next to her. "The Dinner is in 30."

"Yeah, but I wanted to talk." I start, sitting down. The metal chair doesn't bend in response to me.

"To chastise me for earlier?" Merryn asks.

"No." I state, and she looks at me with a grunt.

"It's just... the plan worked, but Superia attacked Lucy. I wasn't going to let her off the hook. I had to beat her."

"And look where it got both of you." I say, and she hangs her head. "Look, it's fine. Worst comes to worst, we've still got the upper hand by a long shot."

     "Yeah." She mutters. "I'll try to keep it out of my system at dinner, but if that Polish bitch wants a fight, I won't back down."

     "Sounds good." I say. "I know Reagan wouldn't want me to join in, so I won't."

     She looks at me, a bit surprised, before turning her head back to the stars. "Mir-Miranda would've wanted the same from me." She holds back tears, and I can see the part of her she's hidden from us for so long.

     "Let Lucy have it then." I say, genuinely happy that she was opening up.

     "Yeah." Merryn responds, standing up and pushing her hair over the welt. "I'm gonna get ready."

     "Sounds good." I say, standing up. "See you there."

- A V A - M O O N -

I enter the District 3 Apartment, seeing Mateo looking suspiciously at me. Like he didn't trust me. I get it, but, why do people have to be so unwelcoming?