Day Three: Entente's Schism

- M E R R Y N - P R I C E -

Simon quickly rushes out behind Raymond, and I knew exactly where this was going before it even began. If I didn't join Roman, he would almost certainly die right here. If I joined Roman, I could absolutely die.

I decide that I won't die, before walking towards Roman and lining up with him. "Thank you." Roman says, giving me a sincere nod before drawing his broadsword.

"Wait, Merryn?" Simon asks, confused as hell. "Why? Lucy was a friend! Did yesterday not happen for you?"

     Truthfully, I had no response that he would like. Only the truthful one. "Not much of a friend, Simon."

     That only pisses both of them off, and they arrive at us at the same time. The intricate blade locks begin, and Roman was getting the brunt of it. I manage to separate Simon from Raymond in a few quick slashes, and us two begin a separate duel.

     It was District Two training all over again as the fight breaks out. I use both ends of my blade to my advantage, tiring Simon as he has to block very frequently. I eventually gain an opening, and slam my sword down to finish Simon. He was a good person, but at the end of the day, an enemy.

     He manages to sidestep the slam move, and instead swings his blade at my head. I swing my head back, and it just manages to miss my nose. It does hit the opposite end of my sword though, giving it much more force and driving the slamming end into the soil.

     I slightly lose my balance, but manage to rip it back out of the ground. He saw this, though, and takes the chance to strike. A strong slicing move tears a shallow slit from the top of my chest to the end of my bicep. I was lucky he hadn't clipped my neck in the move.

     A yelp escapes my mouth, and I drop on one knee. It doesn't take long before I stand up again, and am in a painful blade lock with Simon. My right arm was clearly doing the heavy lifting, with my left arm all but useless with its new wound.

     "Damnit, Merryn!" Simon screams, and I could hear blade strikes moving closer our way. I look back, and see Roman getting the better of Ray. "Why would you side with him? I don't want to do this!"

     "You won't have to." I say, using my core strength to kick him off of me before thrusting my blade at him. It hits the outside of his left arm, ripping off a portion of his skin and causing it to bleed profusely. "Sorry."

     I then stand up, fighting my own pain. My shirt was absolutely stained at this point, and I knew I'd need medicine. "You bitch!" Raymond screams, seeing Simon kneeling on the ground, trying to cover his now gushing wound.

     Raymond throws Roman's sword off, and charges me. My eyes go wide as he slides in and knocks me over. He quickly gets up and begins to plunge his sword for my face, but Roman grabs his arm and throws him down. He gets a few solid punches in on Ray's face before standing up and picking up his sword. He rushes to me, helping me up and rushing both of us out of the area.

INTERACTIVE QUESTION: GoldenPen_ While Simon can get medical supplies from the horn, Merryn cannot, and she needs them desperately. Supply her with a necessary Medical Kit (2C), and optionally, a set of Painkillers (1C) for a less painful experience.