Night Five: Close To Madness

We're at the point that I don't want to kill a single character off. This is going to be a rough couple weeks, y'all.

- D A W N - G E T T Y S B U R G -

     "Oh, look at that.."

     "She's coming awake.."

     "Hey, traitor!"

A momentous slap on my face wakes me from my unconscious state. The pain of yesterday comes back to me near-instantly, and I could feel every wound on my body. I was also strapped into a chair by one arm, under a bright white light.

"Ah, there she is," I hear, before finally looking up. There was JP, now president, at the other end of the table. We were in an interrogation room of some sort, but I had no idea where. "Afternoon, Ms. Gettysburg."

Little bits and details come back of the prior days as I begin processing what the hell was going on. "Sorry about the slap, by the way. That.. was not cool of me. I got tired of waiting for you to wake up."

     At hearing that, I try to rocket up, but my hand is caught on the cuff securing my arm to the table. My other arm, then, shoots forward, trying to punch him. It's stopped a few inches from his face, and he stares back at it. Unmoving. Not even a flinch out of the man.

Two sets of hands grab me from behind and throw me back in my seat, one brutally clocking me on the nose. My head recoils, and I could feel a slight trickle of warm liquid dropping below my nose.

"Shame," he mutters, pointing to a spilled cup to my right. "It had hot chocolate in it. That's a great drink for restoring your voice. I figured you'd have needed it after all the screaming you did previously."

"Fuck.." I croak, my throat feeling like it had tinfoil lining it. "..you."

"You know what?" he asks metaphorically, standing up. "You did this yesterday too. Where did that get you, huh? Besides, I've got a Hunger Games to administrate and a nation to run. I've not the time for your udder disrespect."

I don't respond, figuring he was in far enough on his bullshit to not listen. Then, he continues.

"I'll give you an ultimatum. I didn't do this yesterday, hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but it looks like I will. You're a family woman. Everybody knows that."

"Don't.. you.. fu- fuckin.."

"I'm probably going to kill your family," he declares, nonchalantly. "Like, right now. Right now. Peacekeepers?"

"No, fuck NO!" I screech, losing even more of my voice. The peacekeepers leave the room.

"There's one way you get out of this, Dawn," he says sternly. "ONE. Please fucking take it. I'd rather not shoot some people right now."

"What, pig?" I retort, desperate but burning with anger.

"Your Resistance cronies.." he replies. "You'll tell us where they are. Everything you know. If you do, your family is spared. You answer every question I have."

The peacekeepers re-enter, with a tablet that they hand to JP. "Thank you," he says to the two. "Understand, Dawn? Shit is real."