Day Five: Black Sky

- I K E - P I N T O -

     "Azov?" I ask in panic, and he turns his head towards me from the kitchen. "Where's Dawn?"

     "I don't know," he laughs. "You're.. panicked. Wasn't it you guy's job to watch her?"

     "Don't play the blame game," I say sternly. "Did you not see her?"

     "No, if I did, I'd know where she is," he responds quickly, getting up and setting down by the tv. "Find her," he commands.

     "Yup," I respond, darting up the stairs. I barely make it up to the second floor when I hear a 'Holy shït' downstairs from Azov. I rush back down, and he confirms my fears.

     "Found her," he says simply, pointing to the tv with a pissed off glare. On the tv was a Capitol news anchor, reporting on a capture made by the Capitol police yesterday night. It was Dawn, and there was no mistaking it. "Fuck, guys!"

     "No.." I sigh, walking down and falling into a chair. Of course she'd do it! Some of the others come down the staircase, and each have their own gasp when seeing the TV.

     "That's.. a wrench in the plan," Lyka mutters, and stomps a bit. "None of us noticed this? You kidding me?"

     "Apparently not," Sarah sighs.

     "She was our defense against the Capitol electronics," I say. "How do we do this now?"

     "You'd better come up with something," Azov mutters. "Before I doubt why I'm helping you all."

- M A R I N A - A L B O T T -

     "Mari!" Jonzh calls, and I turn around to look. My eyes had been focused on all the carnage from the previous night. The city of Reine had become little more than a swamp, with numerous houses only showing their upper halves.

To the north was a large blue boundary, holding back a blackened wall of ash. It was ominous as all hell, and the way the Capitol projected it, it looked to reach to the stars above. The blue wall was clearly the new arena boundary, and I was still trying to decide if it was slowly closing in.

"What is it?" I ask Jonzh, looking to him.

"Three sponsor packages," he replies, pointing up. This catches Sera's attention, who follows our gazes. Sure enough, three packages could be seen in front of the sun. Despite a partially cloudy day, the arena stayed at a cool 55° or so. I couldn't be for sure, but the wind certainly made it feel that way.

"Perfect," Sera responds. "Nice to know people still care about us."

"True," Jonzh replies, taking a swig of his canteen. Water had, admittedly, been running lower and lower. Soon, we'd need some new natural supplies. Jonzh had been using my net skills to catch a few fish and cook them, but I was lacking in my natural help.

The two drops land sequentially, but the third drops north of us by a quarter mile or so. "What could that be?" I ask the others, rushing to the packages. Conveniently, both had my name on them. Sweet.

"I don't know.." Sera mutters worriedly. "But I don't like it. Not one bit."

"Me neither," I respond, opening my first package. A Resupply of arrows. Nice. "We won't run out of ammo anytime soon, guys."