Night Four: Dante's Inferno

- J P -

"This is.. a bit one sided, don't you think?" I ask the lower game makers. The Terrific Trio vs. Merryn and Roman was supposed to be the main event, and yet, it was ending so early and easily. "That's a yes," I tell them.

"What should we do?" They ask.

I ponder it for a bit, before coming to a fiery conclusion. "Let's blow the volcano. We've waited long enough."

"On it, sir." one responds, opening the plastic cover that sat on the big red button. "Would you like to do the honors?"

"Of course," I say, walking to the button. "Let's fucking do this."

- Z U L I - T A N G -

     A monumental 'bang' emanates through the arena, breaking my sleep and sending me shooting up in my bed. That was no cannon, I'm sure. It was much too loud. I stand up, taking a look around before walking outside.

I was in the quarters in the launch station, which was a sort of bedroom/office with a view through glass windows into the main launch bay. I found it a bit odd that there had been no missiles launched this game - there was a weapon that was said to use this very place, anyway. They'd done that before, back in the 43rd Games, as well.

I through on my Capitol-approved sweater and grab Sash- err, my Kukri before walking out into the main room. It wasn't exactly colorful, being completely concrete and lacking natural light, but hey. It worked so far, right?

I pass by the main silo, which had one primed at all times. Below it was a dark chasm, likely holding more missiles. I hadn't been able to get down there, due to the staircase being locked off. There must be something they don't want us screwing with down there.

More bangs come from outside, and I rush out quickly. What I see - boy, I wasn't prepared for this.

     The Nordland mountain had erupted in a fiery blaze. I could see Hamnøy getting absolutely destroyed by flaming debris, and I see more launch from the mountain as pieces of it fall into the surrounding sea. Those debris - oh no.

     One slams into the shipwreck, and another was flying... right for me.

     I spring out of the station, throwing my stuff over the fenced railing as I begin to climb. I wasn't quick enough, though, as the debris slams straight into the station behind me, devastating it. Then, I can hear explosions below the station.

     The extra missiles.

     "Fuck," I mutter as the station explodes into a million pieces, sending a massive shockwave into me and shaking the ground beneath my feet. Several fragments of material fly into my back, much like knives, as I'm thrown off the ledge and begin the slow fall to my death.

- S I M O N - G R A Y -

Holy shit... this was something I didn't see coming. The cannon fires as a huge explosion rocks the Reinebringen, sending its shockwaves even this far. They nearly blow me off my feet, but I'm glad.

A sponsor package falls straight from the sky, bouncing off the metal horn and flying right where my head was a few moments ago. Good explosion. I stand up, grabbing it examining it. It was a sponsor package, this time with no parachute to slow its fall. Urgent, clearly.