Day Four: Hangover

- 8 HOURS EARLIER -

"Raymond Zithe!" Squid exclaimed, a slight smile appearing on his face. "Outranged, are you two? Drop your shit. Now."

Raegan's eyes were wide with fear as Raymond looked at Simon. Neither appeared ready to back down and surrender to Squid. This confused Squid, massively. Surely the Careers weren't stupid enough to disobey the one with the superior weaponry? "I said, drop your shit!" He exclaimed, almost worried at their confidence.

The two Careers began to lower themselves into a charging stance. Squid's eyebrows perked up, amazed. "Last chance, guys."

"No!" Raegan yelled desperately, aiming her gauntlet at the two Careers and launching a concussive blast. The air seems to wave around her glove as the Careers grunt in agony. Squid seized the opportunity like a rabid beast, launching his arrow at Raymond.

The reaction of the Capitol as the arrow pierced the throat of Ray was one of sheer awe. One of the most feared and powerful tributes in the arena, with all the close combat power one would need, taken down by a cleverly placed stick of wood and steel. His body slumped to the ground, the concussive blast losing priority to a bleeding throat.

     Raegan quickly turned around and launched the flash straight at Squid, heavily disorienting him and making him grunt in annoyance and pain from his eyes. He managed to hold onto his bow, but Simon seized the opportunity.

     As the cannon for Ray went off, Simon grabbed his sword and sliced straight through Raegan Sparks. Her life was ended just as quickly as Raymond's, and Simon did it out of fury. Fury that such a lightweight in the arena had been underestimated so much, as to split and fracture the Careers entirely. Fury that the strongest group was polarized by one of the weakest tributes.

     As the flash wore off of Squid, he went for an arrow. Then the cannon fired for the second time. Simon saw it though, and rushed him before Squid could get a shot off. "You bitch!" Simon screamed, slamming his sword down on Squid's bow. It was steel, so it didn't shatter, but it did get knocked away from Squid, bouncing into the lake next to them.

     From there, it was amazing that Squid lived as long as he did. Simon's CQC dominance allowed him to land multiple roundhouse kicks and numerous strikes to the face, repeatedly sending Squid to the ground in a heap. Squid did manage to kick Simon off once, and tried to run away. His injured state, however, combined with Simon being significantly faster, allowed Simon to catch up.

     It was over from there. Simon tackled him to the ground, landing fifteen punches to the head and neck before the cannon fired for the third time that night. After he regained his temper, he went back to the horn, alone. It was a massacre.

- PRESENT TIME -
- Z U L I - T A N G -

     I stand outside the missile launch site, pondering what I'd become. I didn't think Sasha would die - it amazed me he did. That wasn't my fault, was it? Maybe it was solely on the others in the Chalet.

     Of course it wasn't my fault. It's cosmic will that Sasha had to die. It couldn't possibly be my fault.

Is this what Debi would have wanted to see though? Me ditching my gullible ally to survive? I decide not to think on it because I don't want to.