Day Two: Skiftende Vær

- C E C I L I A - S N O W -

The arena was beautiful, I'll give that to JP. They at least gave us a scenic location to get eaten by those Capitol mutts. The way I figure, even the beautiful mountains could become the enemy.. somehow.

I find myself clutching my pearl necklace, and so I close my eyes. One thing I hadn't got much time to do was think. Cameron has fallen asleep really early, and it left me to simultaneously plan my next move and keep watch. Not that the second part was hard at all, since it looked like we were the farthest tributes to the north.

All night, I'd thought about Cameron's retarded little stunt. Like, Jesus Christ. Who flashes the entire Capitol and then drags his whole family down with it? I'm twelve and have done more to help us two than him. It was looking more and more like he was my personal bodyguard with bad PR.

I open my eyes, just listening to the waves crashing on the stony shore. I had tried to devise a plan last night, as sleep deprived as I was. No, am. If the sunrise here is an average time, than I may have gotten 4 hours at best.

I stand up, slinging my utility pack over my shoulder and beginning my short walk back to our campsite. It was so nice outside this morning that it was suspicious as hell. I knew the Game Makers well enough to know when a false sense of security was being established.

I knock on the door, more as a natural reaction than an asking of permission. I quickly open it, not waiting for him to do so. He was just waking up, anyway. "Hey, Cecilia." He says groggily, standing up and stretching. "You alright?"

"Tired." I say, setting the pack down and running my fingers through my hair. The lack of any hair products was immediately evident. I hadn't put much care into my personal hygiene before I met my current mother, and all the cool Capitol shit had been a good thing to get my mind off of the soul-crushing thoughts.

"Sorry." He says, and I could tell he meant it. Even if he was an ass to the public. He really did care about my well-being.

"Don't be." I say, pulling up an old wooden chair. Our base.. wasn't exactly a Capitol suite. It worked, though. "Because I've built a sort of plan."

"Oh?" He murmurs, pulling up his own chair.

"Way I see it, we have today to get stuff before the GameMakers need their first.. hit.. of death." I say.

"Like what?" He asks, listening closely. He better be.

"I don't know yet." I say. "They could do a lot. Either way, we need to get more supplies."

"Go on." He states.

INTERACTIVE QUESTION: GalaxyTiger005 ObjectStories The Flares are to plan their day. Choose carefully, as Cecilia has insight into something coming soon.
A) Trek north to the Viking Fortress. One thing they are lacking is serious weaponry, and so they'd beef up their weapon game.
B) Explore the entirety of Hamnøy for food and water. They are nearly out of water, and so this could help.
C) Stay put for the day. Short of a Career invasion, they would be safe for today and anything the Game Makers try to pull.