1. Chihiro Mayuzumi: A Half of a Whole

1.  Chihiro Mayuzumi: A Half of a Whole

{Angst – contains foul language and an unhappy ending}

Running. Breathing. Sobbing. Repeat.

Run faster. Breathe better. Stop sobbing. Do it.

Chihiro Mayuzumi didn’t even care anymore. How could he care? He just received a call that his perfect, wonderful, beautiful ex-girlfriend, (L/N) (F/N), was in the ICU because she was hit by a car. Her mother’s voice was broken when she called him and it took him almost ten minutes to process what she said. The thought finally processed that you were close to death and he sprung out from his house and sprinted towards the hospital.

He was stupid. He was so fucking stupid. It was his fault you got in the accident! He started it, too…

Chihiro ran his hand through his hair as he opened the door to his apartment and sighed loudly. Akashi was the equivalent of Satan at practice and his whole body was aching. He frowned at the thought of the younger student and threw his bag onto the table. Homework would have to wait.

He took a quick shower that induced his headache instead of curing it. Damn Akashi. He snatched his light novel off the counter and started a new chapter. Not even five minutes passed and his phone rang. His eye twitched as he grabbed the phone and saw your beaming face staring up at him.

Reluctantly, he answered it. “What is it, (Y/N)?”

“I brought some food for you. Can you open the door?” Your sweet voice requested, disregarding the bitterness in his.

“Fine,” he grumbled.

He hung up and strode towards the door and opened it. You smiled at him and kissed his cheek as you walked in. He closed the door behind you and took his seat back on the couch as you heated up whatever you had. You came back a couple minutes later and wrapped your arms around his shoulders and rested your head against his chest.

“How was basketball practice?” You asked.

Chihiro didn’t look away from the story in his hands. “Terrible.”

“Oh,” you muttered. He could feel your (E/C) burning him and he still ignored it. “What are you reading?”

“A light novel,” he replied.

A ghost of a frown showed on your face. “What’s it about?”

“You’ve read it before.”

“Do you like it?”

“I guess.”

“What’s your favorite part so far?”

His patience snapped at your persistent questions and he fiercely glared at you. “I wouldn’t know because I haven’t had a chance to read it because I keep on getting interrupted.”

You flinched back and scowled. “I came over to make sure you were okay, May-kun.”

“Did I ever say I needed you here?” He snapped.

“No, I thought it would be the kind thing to do since we were in a relationship.” You growled. You leaned back from him and narrowed your eyes. “I know you had a bad day but that doesn’t mean you can take it out on your girlfriend!”

All of the pent up fury Chihiro had been feeling lately bunched up together and exploded. He slammed his light novel down on the end table and turned to you with a livid expression.