1

I looked at Joey. I didn't know what to think.
"Yes", I said. Joey smiled and stood up. He slid the ring on my finger.
"I love you", Joey said and planted a kiss on my lips.
"I love you, too", I said. Joey gently grasped my hand and led me down. We walked out of the house and outside. People had anxious looks on their faces, as though they were eager to know what had happened. I held up my finger. That was all the explanation that was needed. Everyone started cheering. I smiled and Joey wrapped his arm around me. We walked over to our car, the cheers of others becoming distant. Joey got into the car. I followed. I glanced down at my ring.
"Wow", I said.
"What?"
"I can't believe it. I'm going to be your wife." Joey smiled. I smiled back. Joey drove away and in the direction of our house.
"I'm tired", I said.
"Me too", Joey said. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

***

I woke up in my bed. I looked over at the clock. It was one in the morning. I slowly made my way out of bed and into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked exhausted, as though I hadn't slept in days. I was still in my dress. I went and changed into my pajamas. It was only now that I realized that Joey wasn't here. I walked downstairs and seen Joey, watching TV. Joey turned his head as he seen me coming down the stairs.
"Hello", he said.
"Hey."
"Did I wake you up", Joey asked.
"No, you didn't", I replied. Joey nodded. I took a seat next to him.
"Did you get any sleep", I asked.
"Yeah. Why do you ask?"
"You look tired", I replied.
"I'm not." There was a pause before Joey asked a question.
"Are you tired?"
"Not really. I'm still excited after what happened", I said and looked down at my ring.
"I'm happy", Joey said. I smiled up at him.
"Me too", I said. I laid my head on his shoulder and fell asleep.