32

I woke up in a familiar room. I sat up and looked around. Then, it came to me; this was Daniel's basement. Oh no, I thought. I was so close - so close! - to escaping, and here I was again.

"Help me", I screamed, hoping that someone would hear me. I could hear footsteps coming closer to me. Then, Daniel appeared in front of me.

"Well hello, Ashli."
"What do you want", I growled. I was mad at Daniel. He came up to me and grabbed me by my hair, throwing me off of the bed.

"You are so stupid. Did you actually think that you could escape from me", Daniel asked in a taunting tone. I sobbed, my body hurting. Daniel kicked me in the side. I began to cough up blood. But Daniel didn't stop. He just kept on kicking me.

"Please... Stop... It.. Hurts", I begged. Danielle took one last kick before kneeling down beside me.

"Kicking just isn't enough." Then, Daniel punched me. Hard. Then, I felt another strike to my face. My lip was bleeding. With one final blow, Daniel stopped.

"Now, get up and get on the bed." I struggled to stand up, wobbling. I stumbled my way over to the bed, crawling onto it. I'd stopped coughing blood, but pain was all over my body. Daniel followed me, climbing on top of me.

"You are so beautiful when your sad."
"Please leave me alone", I begged.
"No."
"Why did you hurt me?"
"Because you deserved it. You ran away. Was it so that you could go back to Joey? Or was it so that you could escape from me?"
"I-I d-d-don't kn-know", I mumbled.
"Well, I'm going to teach you a lesson", Daniel said, unzipping my jeans.
~~~
Joey's POV...

"I wish Ashli was here", I said.
"I know, Joey. I do too", Adam said. I looked at the time. 8:48. The sky was an inky black color.

"I just hope that Ashli is okay, wherever she is", I said.
~~~
Ashli's POV...

I was eating a bowl of ramen noodles next to Daniel. He wouldn't let me out of his sight. Had to go to the bathroom? He had to stand at the door. Sleep? He had to be in the same bed, right next to me. Eating? He had to be in the same room.

"Have you learned your lesson?"
"Y-y-ye-yes", I replied. I was still in pain, but it didn't bother me. I had to fight it, to not let it show. Because, if I did, my weakness would be showing.

"Well, I need you to take a pill", Daniel said.
"What for?"
"I just need you to take it." I sighed. If only I was at home..., I thought.