14

"Ashli, wake up." I slowly opened my eyes. I seen John, holding my hand.
"What's wrong", I asked.
"You were screaming and kicking in your sleep", John explained.
"It was just another bad dream...", I trailed off.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"It will make you mad."
"No it won't", John said. I sighed.

"I had a dream that Joey killed me and then, when I woke up, I told you what happened and then you killed me."
"Oh. I'm sorry that you had a dream like that. But I would never hurt you", John said.
"I know."
"Why did Joey kill you?"
"He said that I was crazy. I can see why he said that."
"Ashli, you're not crazy. You are going through a tough time right now and it's hard for you." I looked down at my hands. I wanted to see Joey. I wanted to talk to him and be with him. But, at the same time, I didn't want to.

"Can I see Joey tomorrow?"
"Of course, Ashli", John said.
"Okay." I laid down and fell asleep, waiting for tomorrow.
~~~
The next morning, John took me to Mic's house to see Joey.

"Are you nervous", John asked.
"A little. But I know that Joey would never hurt me. Not purposely, anyway." He would never purposely hurt you, would he? You idiot! He cheated on you, I thought. John knocked on the door, Mic answering.

"Hey, John. Hey, Ashli."
"Hey. Is Joey here", John asked.
"Yeah."
"Can we see him?"
"Of course." Mic invited us in. I followed John inside and over to Joey. He looked up.

"Hi, John. Hello, Ash."
"Hey, Joey", I said. I walked over to him and gave him a hug. Joey wrapped his arms around me, hugging back. I felt tears stinging at my eyes. I wanted to be back with Joey. Then again, being apart for some time would be good.

"What have you been doing", Joey asked me.
"Nothing. How about you?"
"Thinking about you." John looked at me.

"I'm going outside", John said.
"Okay", I smiled. John walked away, Mic following him, leaving me and Joey all alone.

"Do you miss me", I asked.
"More than you know", Joey said. I felt the tears again. I shouldn't cry.

"I'm really, really sorry for what I done. I shouldn't have cheated on you. Ash, I promise that I will never do it again", Joey said. My tears began to fall.

"It's okay, Joey. I forgive you." I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him in for a hug.
"Don't cry, Ash."
"I'm trying not to. It's just that...", I trailed off.
"It's just what?"
"I don't want to be alone, yet I feel like we need a small break. Like, we should stay away from each other for a few days, but we're still together." Joey nodded.

"I understand. How about we get together in a few days? And I promise that I'll never cheat on you again", Joey said.
"That sounds perfect", I said.
"Okay." Joey leaned in and kissed me. It felt right to kiss back. Joey and I had made up, but we were still going to be apart - for a few days.

"Well, I'm going to go now. But, you can always come back home whenever you want", I said.
"Okay. I'll come back in two days." I smiled.

"I love you, Joey."
"Love you too, Ash."