40 - Ashli's POV

"Joey, please don't hurt me", I begged.
"Why shouldn't I? You aren't the woman that I married; you are the remains of the person I married. You mean nothing to me. I don't love you; I hate you. I wish that I could get away with murder, because if I could, I would killare you. And you act like I'm supposed to feel bad for you. Well, I don't. You deserve everything that happened to you. Don't ever think that I wished the best for you, because I don't. I wish that Daniel would come back, kidnap you, and do the same things he did before." I felt tears running down my face. I thought that Joey cared about me. But now, tied up and begging for Joey not to hurt me, I didn't think that he did.

"But Joey! I'm sorry for everything that happened! I'm sorry that Daniel kidnapped me! Joey, I'm sorry! I really am!"
"Is an apology supposed to make me feel better? That doesn't change anything. It only makes me want to hurt you more."  He didn't actually want to hurt me, did he? I could see the outline of something in Joey's hand. It looked sharp and - it was a knife.

"No, no, no, no, no, no", I said, struggling to get out of the restraints. Joey came over and placed his hand under my chin.

"Why are you frowning? Why don't you smile?" Joey took the knife and slowly slid it from my ear, across my cheek, and stopped at my lip. A stinging pain burned all over.

"That's only half of a smile." Joey took the knife and done the same thing on the other side of my face. Tears fell from my eyes and into the deep cuts. It burned, and I honestly hoped that Joey would just kill me and get it over with.

"There. Now you're beautiful", Joey said. Had Joey lost his mind? If anything, I was ugly.
"No I'm not! I'm not beautiful! I'm not pretty!"
"Is that what you think?"
"Yes, Joey! You just cut me", I screamed. There was blood around me. How deep has he cut me?

"Ashli, just shut up!"
"No! Why did you do thi-". Joey stabbed me in the same exact spot where Daniel had.

"That shut you up."
~~~
I woke up screaming.

"Ashli, what's wrong", Joey asked.
"Stay away from me!" I said as I jumped out of bed. Joey gave me a funny expression.

"Why? What happened?"
"You hurt me! Can't you see it", I asked. andJoey got out of bed and came over to me.

"Where did I hurt you", Joey asked. 
"You cut me on my face", I said. Joey put his arms under mine, his hands touching my elbows.

"I don't see anything. Were you dreaming?"
"I don't know."
"You probably were. You know that I would never hurt you", Joey said, wrapping his arms around me. I done the same to Joey.

"I know that. But my dream, it seemed so real. I'm sorry", I said.
"It's okay, Ash." I knew then that no matter what had happened to me, Joey would never hurt me. I knew that Joey would love me, care about me, and he would do it forever.