35

"You idiot!" Daniel shouted, twisting my arm. I heard the snapping of my bone, a sign that my arm was broken.

"Ahh", I screamed out, my arm pulsing with pain.
"You deserve it, Ashli!" Daniel let my arm go, it bending at an awkward angle. Then, Danielle kicked me. He had found out that I had left the basement - I had picked at the lock. Now, Daniel was "punishing" me for it - but it wad more like torture. I couldn't wait for Joey to get here.
~~~
Joey's POV...

I was speeding towards Gävle, trying to get to Ashli. Mic was in the front, next to me, and John was in the back.

"So Ashli called you? But how? Wouldn't Daniel be there?"
"Yes, John, Ashli called me. But Daniel wasn't there, so she found a phone." I passed the Gävle City Limits. It was another ten minutes before I got to.the address of where Ashli was. I just hoped that she was still alive.
~~~
Ashli's POV...

Daniel punched me in my mouth and my nose. I could tell that my lip was bleeding. Daniel grabbed my arm - the unhurt one - and slowly twisted my wrist.

"It hurts", I screamed.
"I gave you simple rules to follow and you didn't listen. You deserve more than this, Ashli."
"No, I don't!" Daniel slowly let go of my wrist and took a step away from me.

"What should I do?"
~~~
Joey's POV...

"This is it", I said, turning onto what appeared to be a long trail. The mailbox read the same address as what Ashli told me.

"Joey, are you sure that this is the right address", John asked.
"Yes, I'm sure."
~~~
Ashli's POV...

I was laying on the floor, my clothes covered in blood. I struggled to get up. Instead of trying to break my bones, Daniel decided to do something worse than that - and no, it wasn't rape. I hoped that Joey would get here soon, or else I might be dead.
~~~
Joey's POV...

"I can't drive any further. We have to walk", I said. I parked the car and got out. John and Mic followed after me. I was walking when something sparkling caught my eye. It was a ring - Ashli's wedding ring. Then, I seen a big house a few feet from me.

"Is that the house", Mic asked.
"Yeah, it is."
~~~
Ashli's POV...

Daniel was outside of the door, yelling.

"You better let me in!"
"No", I screamed. I'd unlocked the basement door and ran out, going upstairs to the top floor and hiding in a room. I'd locked this door, but now Daniel was trying to break in.

"If you don't let me in, I swear I'll kill you!" Daniel shouted. I wasn't going to let him in. If he killed me, I didn't care - I was going to die fighting. I turned to the window and looked out. The sky was a depressing gray color, a sign that rain was coming. Then, I noticed three people outside. Who was it? I kept watching until arms wrapped around my body. Then, something sharp and painful went into my stomach.

"Ahhh", I screamed out.
"I told you that I would kill you", Daniel said. More pain came repeatedly, over and over again.
~~~
Joey's POV...

I heard screaming from inside of the house.

"What the -", I trailed off, looking up. There was Ashli, blood all over her face and her hands.

"Oh my God! John, call the police", I said. John whipped his phone out and dialed the number. He handed the phone to me.

"What is the emergency?"
"My wife, her ex-boyfriend, he's killing her!"
~~~
Ashli's POV...

"Joey!" I screamed, hitting the window. With one final stab, Daniel let me go, and I sunk to the floor. The floor, my clothes, my hands, Daniel's hands, and some of his shirt had blood on it. Then, he walked out of the room. I had to get out. I slowly stood up, grabbing onto the window. I opened it, and crawled out onto the roof.

"Ashli! Watch out", Joey said. I had to get down there. John and Michael ran beside him.

"Ashli, come down. Jump and we'll catch you", Mic said. I nodded and jumped, landing in Joey's arms.

"Oh, Ashli." Joey said, stroking my cheek.
"Please, take me to the ER. My arm is broken and I ju-". Joey pressed a finger to my lips.

"It's okay, Ashli. An ambulance is coming", Joey said. I nodded. I hurt all over my body. But, at least I'd survived - this far.
~~~
Joey's POV...

Ashli was in pain, I could tell. She was thinner than she was before she was kidnapped. Thin. Pale. Fragile. Fragile suited Ashli right now. I heard sirens in the distance. Then, I could see blue and red lights flashing. Three police cars and an ambulance showed up. Everything after that was a blur. Daniel was handcuffed and put in a police vehicle. Ashli was taken away and put into the ambulance. Mic, John, and I were told that we could leave and go to the hospital with Ashli if we wanted to.

"I'm going to the hospital", I said.
"I'll go too", John said.
"I'll go there as well", Mic said. I nodded. We got into my car and we left,