17

The Next Week
~~~
I'd gotten the wedding dress that I wanted. But, today, I decided to take Joey to see my family - or what was left of it. We left late, since my family lived in Uppsala.

"Does your family know that your getting married", Joey asked.
"No. But that's what I was going to tell them... And other stuff." My dad already knew that I was coming over, but my brother didn't. Soon, we had arrived. Me and Joey got out and I knocked on the door. The door opened, revealing a tall man with black hair.

"Adam!" I gave my brother, Adam, a big hug.
"Nicki! I haven't seen you in so long!" I pulled away and introduced Joey.

"Joey, this is my brother, Adam. Adam, this is my fiance, Joey", I said. They shook hands.
"Nice to meet you", Adam said.
"You too."
"Is Dad home yet", I asked.
"No. But he'll be back soon", Adam replied. I nodded.

"Why don't you two come inside?" Adam led us inside.
~~~
Joey's POV...

As we walked inside, I stopped and admired pictures that hung in the wall. There were multiple pictures of a girl with long, black hair and black glasses. There were pictures of the girl at all ages. In a picture of her, possibly in high school, the girl had a wide smile with braces, her black glasses fitting her perfectly. Next to it was glossy paper.

Nicole Kennedy Fields
10 - 18 - 65
Female
Weight: 6 pounds, 3 Ounces
Parents: Stephanie Fields & Lucas Fields
Nickname: "Nicki"

Who was Nicole? Was this Ashli's sister?

"Daddy!" I heard Ashli scream from another room.
"Nicole!" Why was Ashli being called Nicole?

"Joey! Come here!" Ashli ran over to me.

"Who's this", I asked, pointing at the images. Ashli froze.
"That's uh, that's me."