12

I was at home, crying, thinking about Joey. I missed him so much. I let out loud sobs.

"What did you do wrong, Ashli?!" I was shouting at myself. Suddenly, I heard a knock downstairs. I shut up and walked down the stairs. I opened the door, revealing John.

"Hey, Ashli."
"Hey."
"Were you crying?"
"Uh, no." I was lying to my friend... Probably my best friend.

"You can't lie to me", John said. I began to cry.
"I'm so sorry.... I don't know what I done wrong.... Why am I such a failure?!"
"Ashli, don't talk like that. Your not a failure", John said, wrapping his arms around me.
"Yes I am! I-I-I shouldn't have ever gotten with Joey! I'm an idiot!" John gently stroked my hair as I cried. Wow, I thought. Someone was actually here, comforting me when I was hurt. The only person that had done that was Joey... And my older brother when I was younger.

"Ashli, you're not an idiot. You and Joey are great together, but he done something that he shouldn't have. And I hope you know that, if your ever sad or need someone to talk to, I'm here", John said.
"I know that. But what did I do to make Joey cheat on me?"
"You didn't do anything wrong. It's Joey's fault that he's alone right now. Don't blame yourself", John said.
"Follow me", I said, leading John inside. We sat down next to each other and began to talk.
~~~
A Few Hours Later...

"I just can't stop blaming myself", I said.
"It's not your fault, and it never will be."
"And now I won't get any sleep..."
"Why?"
"I have really bad nightmares, and if I have a really bad one, Joey is there. But since he's not, what will I do?"
"I could stay here, if you wanted", John said.
"Really? You would do that for me?"
"Yeah", John said. I hugged him.

"Thank you so much, John", I said.